Jul 27, 2010, 2:19 AM EST
Quietly having a superb season, Rickie Weeks on Monday hit his 21st homer to help the Brewers beat the Reds 3-2.
The two-run shot in the bottom of the third also gave Weeks a 10th straight game with a run scored. It’s the fourth longest any player has had this season.
1. Rafael Furcal – 12 – Ended July 6
2. Martin Prado – 11 – Ended June 6
2. Andres Torres – 11 – Ended July 9
4. Rickie Weeks – 10 – Ongoing
5. Jose Bautista – 9 – Ended May 21
5. Torii Hunter – 9 – Ended May 23
5. Cameron Maybin – 9 – Ended April 15
5. Sean Rodriguez – 9 – Ended June 12
5. Rickie Weeks – 9 – Ended June 28
As you see, Weeks was also in the top 10 with a nine-game streak. It goes along with what I wrote back on April 22: Weeks just has a knack for finding home plate.
Weeks has already set new career highs in homers and RBI (66) this season. He’s not the basestealer he used to be and he may frustrate from time to time with his strikeouts, but he’s been an extremely valuable player at the top of the Brewers’ order.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 38
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 154
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (156)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)