Jul 27, 2010, 3:59 PM EDT
The story was that the Nationals were going to take this week to try to get Adam Dunn signed to a contract extension, and if that didn’t work, they’d trade him. Their definition of “try to get Adam Dunn signed to a contract extension” probably needs work, though, because according to Ken Rosenthal, the Nats have made zero progress on that front, and haven’t even made Dunn a single offer.
You’d assume this means that the Nats are more intent on trading Dunn than they have heretofore let on, though scuttlebutt about that has remained at a minimum. The same old stuff about the White Sox being interested. One interesting note that the Rays inquired last week, but that the Nats demanded Matt Garza in return, which is kind of nuts.
You’d still think that the Nats can do better than the couple of draft picks they’d get if they held on to Dunn and let him walk this offseason, but as of now, it seems like the Nats have been kinda paralyzed into inaction.
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 16
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 24
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 37
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL