Jul 27, 2010, 3:59 PM EDT
The story was that the Nationals were going to take this week to try to get Adam Dunn signed to a contract extension, and if that didn’t work, they’d trade him. Their definition of “try to get Adam Dunn signed to a contract extension” probably needs work, though, because according to Ken Rosenthal, the Nats have made zero progress on that front, and haven’t even made Dunn a single offer.
You’d assume this means that the Nats are more intent on trading Dunn than they have heretofore let on, though scuttlebutt about that has remained at a minimum. The same old stuff about the White Sox being interested. One interesting note that the Rays inquired last week, but that the Nats demanded Matt Garza in return, which is kind of nuts.
You’d still think that the Nats can do better than the couple of draft picks they’d get if they held on to Dunn and let him walk this offseason, but as of now, it seems like the Nats have been kinda paralyzed into inaction.
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 12
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 3
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 59
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games