Jul 27, 2010, 1:47 PM EDT
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that A’s setup man Michael Wuertz is on the Red Sox’s “wish list” as they search for bullpen help.
Wuertz has been a shutdown late-inning option in the past, going 6-1 with a 2.63 ERA, .188 opponents’ batting average, and 102 strikeouts in 79 innings last season, but also has a history of arm problems and hasn’t pitched particularly well with a 4.50 ERA and 18/10 K/BB ratio in 22 innings this year.
Plus, with the A’s winning nine of their last 11 games to climb above .500 and move into a tie with the Angels for second place in the AL West they may not be looking to trade veterans as much as they were a few weeks ago.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)