Jul 27, 2010, 1:47 PM EDT
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that A’s setup man Michael Wuertz is on the Red Sox’s “wish list” as they search for bullpen help.
Wuertz has been a shutdown late-inning option in the past, going 6-1 with a 2.63 ERA, .188 opponents’ batting average, and 102 strikeouts in 79 innings last season, but also has a history of arm problems and hasn’t pitched particularly well with a 4.50 ERA and 18/10 K/BB ratio in 22 innings this year.
Plus, with the A’s winning nine of their last 11 games to climb above .500 and move into a tie with the Angels for second place in the AL West they may not be looking to trade veterans as much as they were a few weeks ago.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 19
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)