Jul 27, 2010, 1:47 PM EDT
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that A’s setup man Michael Wuertz is on the Red Sox’s “wish list” as they search for bullpen help.
Wuertz has been a shutdown late-inning option in the past, going 6-1 with a 2.63 ERA, .188 opponents’ batting average, and 102 strikeouts in 79 innings last season, but also has a history of arm problems and hasn’t pitched particularly well with a 4.50 ERA and 18/10 K/BB ratio in 22 innings this year.
Plus, with the A’s winning nine of their last 11 games to climb above .500 and move into a tie with the Angels for second place in the AL West they may not be looking to trade veterans as much as they were a few weeks ago.
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 22
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 139
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 133
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (139)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (133)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)