Jul 27, 2010, 10:14 AM EDT
Things haven’t gone very well for Chan Ho Park this season.
First he turned down a one-year, $3.25 million offer to re-sign with the Phillies only to end up with a one-year, $1.2 million deal from the Yankees. Then he posted a 5.57 ERA in 32.1 innings and spent a month on the disabled list with a strained hamstring.
And now Jayson Stark of ESPN.com reports that the Yankees are trying to “unload” him. Park has served up seven homers in 32.1 frames, but his 26/9 K/BB ratio is still solid and the 37-year-old’s velocity hasn’t declined any.
Over the previous two seasons he had a 3.29 ERA and 101/44 K/BB ratio in 120 innings as a reliever, so as far as low-cost (no maybe even no-cost) fliers go Park could provide some useful middle relief innings for some team down the stretch (especially if they let him grow back his epic playoff beard).
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 7
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 5
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)