Jul 28, 2010, 5:28 PM EDT
Buster Olney just tweeted that Ben Sheets may have a torn flexor tendon. That’s the same injury that cost him all of 2009. If that’s the case, you have to think that his career is in serious jeopardy.
Yes, he rehabbed last time, but it was brutal. Surgery took place in February 2009 with an initial, optimistic timeline of coming back in August. That was pushed into spring training of this year. Does Sheets really have a year of rehab in him again? Would such rehab even have a chance at being successful?
Most importantly: would anyone take a chance on him again?
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 9
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 16
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)