Jul 28, 2010, 5:28 PM EST
Buster Olney just tweeted that Ben Sheets may have a torn flexor tendon. That’s the same injury that cost him all of 2009. If that’s the case, you have to think that his career is in serious jeopardy.
Yes, he rehabbed last time, but it was brutal. Surgery took place in February 2009 with an initial, optimistic timeline of coming back in August. That was pushed into spring training of this year. Does Sheets really have a year of rehab in him again? Would such rehab even have a chance at being successful?
Most importantly: would anyone take a chance on him again?
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15