Jul 28, 2010, 5:28 PM EDT
Buster Olney just tweeted that Ben Sheets may have a torn flexor tendon. That’s the same injury that cost him all of 2009. If that’s the case, you have to think that his career is in serious jeopardy.
Yes, he rehabbed last time, but it was brutal. Surgery took place in February 2009 with an initial, optimistic timeline of coming back in August. That was pushed into spring training of this year. Does Sheets really have a year of rehab in him again? Would such rehab even have a chance at being successful?
Most importantly: would anyone take a chance on him again?
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)