Jul 28, 2010, 5:28 PM EDT
Buster Olney just tweeted that Ben Sheets may have a torn flexor tendon. That’s the same injury that cost him all of 2009. If that’s the case, you have to think that his career is in serious jeopardy.
Yes, he rehabbed last time, but it was brutal. Surgery took place in February 2009 with an initial, optimistic timeline of coming back in August. That was pushed into spring training of this year. Does Sheets really have a year of rehab in him again? Would such rehab even have a chance at being successful?
Most importantly: would anyone take a chance on him again?
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69