Jul 28, 2010, 5:28 PM EDT
Buster Olney just tweeted that Ben Sheets may have a torn flexor tendon. That’s the same injury that cost him all of 2009. If that’s the case, you have to think that his career is in serious jeopardy.
Yes, he rehabbed last time, but it was brutal. Surgery took place in February 2009 with an initial, optimistic timeline of coming back in August. That was pushed into spring training of this year. Does Sheets really have a year of rehab in him again? Would such rehab even have a chance at being successful?
Most importantly: would anyone take a chance on him again?
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 17
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)