Jul 28, 2010, 10:10 AM EDT
That’s the word he’s giving the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.
Given that there’s not
much chance Milwaukee could move Hart unless he shows he can hit, and given that the trade deadline is Saturday, you can pretty much kiss any chances of Hart being dealt goodbye.
Well, I suppose he could hit for the cycle on Friday night and make someone jump for him at the last minute, but no one gets rich betting on such things.
The Giants had been interested and the Braves probably should have been, but ain’t nothin’ gonna happen now.
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 2
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 17
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 25
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 43
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)