Jul 28, 2010, 10:10 AM EDT
That’s the word he’s giving the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.
Given that there’s not
much chance Milwaukee could move Hart unless he shows he can hit, and given that the trade deadline is Saturday, you can pretty much kiss any chances of Hart being dealt goodbye.
Well, I suppose he could hit for the cycle on Friday night and make someone jump for him at the last minute, but no one gets rich betting on such things.
The Giants had been interested and the Braves probably should have been, but ain’t nothin’ gonna happen now.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 48
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)