Jul 28, 2010, 12:13 PM EDT
Yesterday the Braves demoted struggling center fielder Nate McLouth to Triple-A after he hit just .168 in 62 games this season and .225/.327/.365 in 146 games since Atlanta acquired him from Pittsburgh last June for prospects Gorkys Hernandez, Jeff Locke, and Charlie Morton.
Morton is 6-18 with a 6.03 ERA in 28 starts for Pittsburgh since the trade and just hours after McLouth’s demotion the Pirates announced that Hernandez will miss the next 3-4 months with a broken finger suffered at Double-A.
Locke has somehow avoided the curse of being involved in the swap, going 10-3 with a 3.22 ERA and 100/16 K/BB ratio in 103 innings between Single-A and Double-A.
- Cliff Lee exits start with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 7
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 128
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (129)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)