Jul 28, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
We can put any Derrek Lee rumors to rest, as Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com reports that the Cubs first baseman has said he won’t accept a trade.
Previous reports had the Angels and Rangers potentially in the mix to acquire Lee, but the impending free agent has a no-trade clause in his five-year, $65 million contract.
Interestingly, two weeks ago Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reported that “some friends” of Lee “believe he would accept a deal to the right team” only to have Lee himself say, “I would bet that not one of my friends knows who Ken Rosenthal is.”
Presumably they know Bruce Levine.
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 0
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 22
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)