Jul 28, 2010, 2:15 PM EST
We can put any Derrek Lee rumors to rest, as Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com reports that the Cubs first baseman has said he won’t accept a trade.
Previous reports had the Angels and Rangers potentially in the mix to acquire Lee, but the impending free agent has a no-trade clause in his five-year, $65 million contract.
Interestingly, two weeks ago Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reported that “some friends” of Lee “believe he would accept a deal to the right team” only to have Lee himself say, “I would bet that not one of my friends knows who Ken Rosenthal is.”
Presumably they know Bruce Levine.
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 0
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 76
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (76)