Jul 28, 2010, 2:15 PM EST
We can put any Derrek Lee rumors to rest, as Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com reports that the Cubs first baseman has said he won’t accept a trade.
Previous reports had the Angels and Rangers potentially in the mix to acquire Lee, but the impending free agent has a no-trade clause in his five-year, $65 million contract.
Interestingly, two weeks ago Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reported that “some friends” of Lee “believe he would accept a deal to the right team” only to have Lee himself say, “I would bet that not one of my friends knows who Ken Rosenthal is.”
Presumably they know Bruce Levine.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)