Jul 28, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
We can put any Derrek Lee rumors to rest, as Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com reports that the Cubs first baseman has said he won’t accept a trade.
Previous reports had the Angels and Rangers potentially in the mix to acquire Lee, but the impending free agent has a no-trade clause in his five-year, $65 million contract.
Interestingly, two weeks ago Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reported that “some friends” of Lee “believe he would accept a deal to the right team” only to have Lee himself say, “I would bet that not one of my friends knows who Ken Rosenthal is.”
Presumably they know Bruce Levine.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (157)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)