Jul 28, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
We can put any Derrek Lee rumors to rest, as Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com reports that the Cubs first baseman has said he won’t accept a trade.
Previous reports had the Angels and Rangers potentially in the mix to acquire Lee, but the impending free agent has a no-trade clause in his five-year, $65 million contract.
Interestingly, two weeks ago Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reported that “some friends” of Lee “believe he would accept a deal to the right team” only to have Lee himself say, “I would bet that not one of my friends knows who Ken Rosenthal is.”
Presumably they know Bruce Levine.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)