Jul 28, 2010, 9:31 PM EDT
UPDATE, 9:31 PM: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the Royals will get catcher Lucas May and right-hander Elisaul Pimentel.
May, 25, has hit .296/.352/.496 with 11 homers and 45 RBI in 260 at-bats for Triple-A Albuquerque. Pimentel, 22, has posted a 3.49 ERA, a 1.17 WHIP and 97 strikeouts in 90.1 innings for Single-A Great Lakes. These aren’t major prospects, but the Dodgers probably had to up the ante to beat out whatever the Giants were presenting.
9:14 PM: Jayson Stark of ESPN.com reports that the Dodgers have acquired outfielder Scott Podsednik from the Royals for two minor leaguers.
Podsednik also drew heavy interest from the Giants, but the Dodgers swooped in and presented a better offer than their division rival.
The speedy outfielder hit .310/.353/.400 with five homers, 44 RBI and 30 stolen bases in 390 at-bats this season for the Royals. He will join an outfield mix in Los Angeles that already includes Andre Ethier, Matt Kemp, 25-year-old Xavier Paul and the currently injured Manny Ramirez. Starts may be at a premium once Manny returns, but the Dodgers will find plenty of ways to use Podsednik.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11