Jul 28, 2010, 9:31 PM EDT
UPDATE, 9:31 PM: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the Royals will get catcher Lucas May and right-hander Elisaul Pimentel.
May, 25, has hit .296/.352/.496 with 11 homers and 45 RBI in 260 at-bats for Triple-A Albuquerque. Pimentel, 22, has posted a 3.49 ERA, a 1.17 WHIP and 97 strikeouts in 90.1 innings for Single-A Great Lakes. These aren’t major prospects, but the Dodgers probably had to up the ante to beat out whatever the Giants were presenting.
9:14 PM: Jayson Stark of ESPN.com reports that the Dodgers have acquired outfielder Scott Podsednik from the Royals for two minor leaguers.
Podsednik also drew heavy interest from the Giants, but the Dodgers swooped in and presented a better offer than their division rival.
The speedy outfielder hit .310/.353/.400 with five homers, 44 RBI and 30 stolen bases in 390 at-bats this season for the Royals. He will join an outfield mix in Los Angeles that already includes Andre Ethier, Matt Kemp, 25-year-old Xavier Paul and the currently injured Manny Ramirez. Starts may be at a premium once Manny returns, but the Dodgers will find plenty of ways to use Podsednik.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)