Jul 28, 2010, 9:31 PM EST
UPDATE, 9:31 PM: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the Royals will get catcher Lucas May and right-hander Elisaul Pimentel.
May, 25, has hit .296/.352/.496 with 11 homers and 45 RBI in 260 at-bats for Triple-A Albuquerque. Pimentel, 22, has posted a 3.49 ERA, a 1.17 WHIP and 97 strikeouts in 90.1 innings for Single-A Great Lakes. These aren’t major prospects, but the Dodgers probably had to up the ante to beat out whatever the Giants were presenting.
9:14 PM: Jayson Stark of ESPN.com reports that the Dodgers have acquired outfielder Scott Podsednik from the Royals for two minor leaguers.
Podsednik also drew heavy interest from the Giants, but the Dodgers swooped in and presented a better offer than their division rival.
The speedy outfielder hit .310/.353/.400 with five homers, 44 RBI and 30 stolen bases in 390 at-bats this season for the Royals. He will join an outfield mix in Los Angeles that already includes Andre Ethier, Matt Kemp, 25-year-old Xavier Paul and the currently injured Manny Ramirez. Starts may be at a premium once Manny returns, but the Dodgers will find plenty of ways to use Podsednik.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 27
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40