Jul 28, 2010, 10:47 AM EDT
Manny Ramirez has been on the disabled list since July 17 with a strained right calf and yesterday manager Joe Torre said “it’ll be more than a week” before he returns to the Dodgers.
Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports that Ramirez is currently rehabbing at the team complex in Arizona and has not yet been scheduled for any game action, so assuming he’ll need a minor-league rehab assignment of some length Ramirez may still be several weeks from potentially coming off the DL.
Ramirez has missed 39 of the Dodgers’ first 100 games while spending three different stints on the DL, but has hit .317/.409/.516 in the 61 games he’s been healthy enough to play to essentially match last year’s production and post an OPS above .900 for the 15th time in 16 seasons.
Torre has been mixing and matching Xavier Paul, Garret Anderson, and Jamey Carroll as the fill-ins for Ramirez in left field.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 0
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 4
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (127)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)