Jul 28, 2010, 10:47 AM EDT
Manny Ramirez has been on the disabled list since July 17 with a strained right calf and yesterday manager Joe Torre said “it’ll be more than a week” before he returns to the Dodgers.
Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports that Ramirez is currently rehabbing at the team complex in Arizona and has not yet been scheduled for any game action, so assuming he’ll need a minor-league rehab assignment of some length Ramirez may still be several weeks from potentially coming off the DL.
Ramirez has missed 39 of the Dodgers’ first 100 games while spending three different stints on the DL, but has hit .317/.409/.516 in the 61 games he’s been healthy enough to play to essentially match last year’s production and post an OPS above .900 for the 15th time in 16 seasons.
Torre has been mixing and matching Xavier Paul, Garret Anderson, and Jamey Carroll as the fill-ins for Ramirez in left field.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)