Jul 28, 2010, 10:47 AM EDT
Manny Ramirez has been on the disabled list since July 17 with a strained right calf and yesterday manager Joe Torre said “it’ll be more than a week” before he returns to the Dodgers.
Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports that Ramirez is currently rehabbing at the team complex in Arizona and has not yet been scheduled for any game action, so assuming he’ll need a minor-league rehab assignment of some length Ramirez may still be several weeks from potentially coming off the DL.
Ramirez has missed 39 of the Dodgers’ first 100 games while spending three different stints on the DL, but has hit .317/.409/.516 in the 61 games he’s been healthy enough to play to essentially match last year’s production and post an OPS above .900 for the 15th time in 16 seasons.
Torre has been mixing and matching Xavier Paul, Garret Anderson, and Jamey Carroll as the fill-ins for Ramirez in left field.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (70)