Jul 28, 2010, 1:17 PM EDT
Last week Mike Lowell was talking about possibly retiring before the end of the season, but last night’s monster game at Triple-A probably has him thinking there’s enough left in the tank to keep playing.
Lowell homered three times and drove in five runs for Pawtucket, making him 8-for-18 (.444) with six extra-base hits in four rehab games. Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that Lowell could come off the disabled list and rejoin the Red Sox as soon as Friday.
How much they’ll play him and whether or not they’ll look to trade him … well, that remains to be seen.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 62
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11