Jul 28, 2010, 1:17 PM EDT
Last week Mike Lowell was talking about possibly retiring before the end of the season, but last night’s monster game at Triple-A probably has him thinking there’s enough left in the tank to keep playing.
Lowell homered three times and drove in five runs for Pawtucket, making him 8-for-18 (.444) with six extra-base hits in four rehab games. Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that Lowell could come off the disabled list and rejoin the Red Sox as soon as Friday.
How much they’ll play him and whether or not they’ll look to trade him … well, that remains to be seen.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17