Jul 28, 2010, 12:01 PM EST
You’re not gonna believe this one from Buster Olney’s column this morning:
Heard this: The Cubs have made it clear that Carlos Zambrano, who is owed about $42 million left on his contract, is very much available.
This is either a refreshing example of self-awareness and a flash of delicious irony on Buster Olney’s part — realizing the true, troublesome nature of the “heard this” piece — or else it’s evidence that you can safely hold off on that ESPN Insider subscription for another six months.
Either way, I’ll keep passing along gems like this so you won’t miss anything.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)