Jul 28, 2010, 12:01 PM EDT
You’re not gonna believe this one from Buster Olney’s column this morning:
Heard this: The Cubs have made it clear that Carlos Zambrano, who is owed about $42 million left on his contract, is very much available.
This is either a refreshing example of self-awareness and a flash of delicious irony on Buster Olney’s part — realizing the true, troublesome nature of the “heard this” piece — or else it’s evidence that you can safely hold off on that ESPN Insider subscription for another six months.
Either way, I’ll keep passing along gems like this so you won’t miss anything.
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 28
- Dodgers-Marlins trade involving Mat Latos “being held up by paperwork” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 61
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 47
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 53
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)