Jul 28, 2010, 12:01 PM EST
You’re not gonna believe this one from Buster Olney’s column this morning:
Heard this: The Cubs have made it clear that Carlos Zambrano, who is owed about $42 million left on his contract, is very much available.
This is either a refreshing example of self-awareness and a flash of delicious irony on Buster Olney’s part — realizing the true, troublesome nature of the “heard this” piece — or else it’s evidence that you can safely hold off on that ESPN Insider subscription for another six months.
Either way, I’ll keep passing along gems like this so you won’t miss anything.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)