Jul 28, 2010, 6:29 PM EDT
Brett Myers is cheaper than Roy Oswalt and — at least lately — he’s been better. It stands to reason then that the Astros are more likely to trade Brett Myers than Oswalt before the clock strikes four this Saturday. And that’s what Phil Rogers is saying, based on the word of a scout.
Which could mean that Oswalt isn’t going anywhere, as the Astros have previously said that they didn’t want to enter 2011 without any front line starter. If Myers goes, that leaves Oswalt. Unless of course you call Wandy Rodriguez a front line starter. Which I don’t think I would.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29