Jul 28, 2010, 6:29 PM EDT
Brett Myers is cheaper than Roy Oswalt and — at least lately — he’s been better. It stands to reason then that the Astros are more likely to trade Brett Myers than Oswalt before the clock strikes four this Saturday. And that’s what Phil Rogers is saying, based on the word of a scout.
Which could mean that Oswalt isn’t going anywhere, as the Astros have previously said that they didn’t want to enter 2011 without any front line starter. If Myers goes, that leaves Oswalt. Unless of course you call Wandy Rodriguez a front line starter. Which I don’t think I would.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)