Jul 28, 2010, 6:29 PM EST
Brett Myers is cheaper than Roy Oswalt and — at least lately — he’s been better. It stands to reason then that the Astros are more likely to trade Brett Myers than Oswalt before the clock strikes four this Saturday. And that’s what Phil Rogers is saying, based on the word of a scout.
Which could mean that Oswalt isn’t going anywhere, as the Astros have previously said that they didn’t want to enter 2011 without any front line starter. If Myers goes, that leaves Oswalt. Unless of course you call Wandy Rodriguez a front line starter. Which I don’t think I would.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 22
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)