Jul 28, 2010, 6:29 PM EDT
Brett Myers is cheaper than Roy Oswalt and — at least lately — he’s been better. It stands to reason then that the Astros are more likely to trade Brett Myers than Oswalt before the clock strikes four this Saturday. And that’s what Phil Rogers is saying, based on the word of a scout.
Which could mean that Oswalt isn’t going anywhere, as the Astros have previously said that they didn’t want to enter 2011 without any front line starter. If Myers goes, that leaves Oswalt. Unless of course you call Wandy Rodriguez a front line starter. Which I don’t think I would.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming