Jul 28, 2010, 6:29 PM EDT
Brett Myers is cheaper than Roy Oswalt and — at least lately — he’s been better. It stands to reason then that the Astros are more likely to trade Brett Myers than Oswalt before the clock strikes four this Saturday. And that’s what Phil Rogers is saying, based on the word of a scout.
Which could mean that Oswalt isn’t going anywhere, as the Astros have previously said that they didn’t want to enter 2011 without any front line starter. If Myers goes, that leaves Oswalt. Unless of course you call Wandy Rodriguez a front line starter. Which I don’t think I would.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 10
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 51
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 178
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (178)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (113)