Jul 28, 2010, 2:01 PM EDT
They talked with Houston, but they obviously didn’t like what they were hearing: Ken Rosenthal reports that the Cardinals are no longer involved with discussions for Roy Oswalt.
The latest: Rosenthal says that the Phillies are able to meet what Houston is demanding in return for Oswalt, but that (a) the price still may be too high; and (b) there’s still no strong indication that Oswalt would agree to a trade to Philly. Yes, he said the other day that “location” doesn’t matter, but that’s only relevant if you think that his objections to Philly are based on them being on the east coast. It’s possible, is it not, that he just doesn’t want to go to the Phillies?
Even if that isn’t an issue, with each win the Phillies grow less desperate to make a move, so unless Ed Wade ratchets back his expectations on Oswalt, he may not find anyone interested in talking to him pretty soon.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)