Jul 28, 2010, 9:40 AM EDT
Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic reports that the Diamondbacks are toying with the idea of using Brandon Webb in the bullpen towards the end of this season. And it would be the end of this season, because he’s still not even pitching against live batters yet in a rehab stint that has lasted nearly as long as Bob Dylan’s most recent Tour.
If I’m the Diamondbacks, though, I don’t go out of my way or anything. The competitive portion of their season is already over and Webb is a free agent after this season. Any innings they give him will mean virtually nothing for the team. They’ll only serve as a showcase of Webb’s health and effectiveness (or lack thereof) to potential suitors this winter.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 13
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)