Jul 28, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Scott Podsednik is not the stuff that dreams are made of, but (a) he’s pretty cheap; and (b) the Dodgers are staring down the barrel of “Garret Anderson: starting left fielder” if they don’t get someone to replace Manny Ramirez, so I guess it’s kind of understandable that L.A. is pushing hard to get Podsednik from the Royals.
Podsednik is hitting .309/.352/.400. That’s not ideal from a power perspective from your left fielder, but he only costs about $500K for the rest of the reason and can play some centerfield. Not someone you build around when you have better options, but right now the Dodgers don’t have better options.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 27
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)