Jul 28, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
Scott Podsednik is not the stuff that dreams are made of, but (a) he’s pretty cheap; and (b) the Dodgers are staring down the barrel of “Garret Anderson: starting left fielder” if they don’t get someone to replace Manny Ramirez, so I guess it’s kind of understandable that L.A. is pushing hard to get Podsednik from the Royals.
Podsednik is hitting .309/.352/.400. That’s not ideal from a power perspective from your left fielder, but he only costs about $500K for the rest of the reason and can play some centerfield. Not someone you build around when you have better options, but right now the Dodgers don’t have better options.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)