Jul 28, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
Scott Podsednik is not the stuff that dreams are made of, but (a) he’s pretty cheap; and (b) the Dodgers are staring down the barrel of “Garret Anderson: starting left fielder” if they don’t get someone to replace Manny Ramirez, so I guess it’s kind of understandable that L.A. is pushing hard to get Podsednik from the Royals.
Podsednik is hitting .309/.352/.400. That’s not ideal from a power perspective from your left fielder, but he only costs about $500K for the rest of the reason and can play some centerfield. Not someone you build around when you have better options, but right now the Dodgers don’t have better options.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 48
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 38
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)