Jul 28, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Scott Podsednik is not the stuff that dreams are made of, but (a) he’s pretty cheap; and (b) the Dodgers are staring down the barrel of “Garret Anderson: starting left fielder” if they don’t get someone to replace Manny Ramirez, so I guess it’s kind of understandable that L.A. is pushing hard to get Podsednik from the Royals.
Podsednik is hitting .309/.352/.400. That’s not ideal from a power perspective from your left fielder, but he only costs about $500K for the rest of the reason and can play some centerfield. Not someone you build around when you have better options, but right now the Dodgers don’t have better options.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 107
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 47
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (107)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)