Jul 28, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Scott Podsednik is not the stuff that dreams are made of, but (a) he’s pretty cheap; and (b) the Dodgers are staring down the barrel of “Garret Anderson: starting left fielder” if they don’t get someone to replace Manny Ramirez, so I guess it’s kind of understandable that L.A. is pushing hard to get Podsednik from the Royals.
Podsednik is hitting .309/.352/.400. That’s not ideal from a power perspective from your left fielder, but he only costs about $500K for the rest of the reason and can play some centerfield. Not someone you build around when you have better options, but right now the Dodgers don’t have better options.
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 0
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 11
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 44
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 216
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (216)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)