Jul 28, 2010, 2:27 PM EST
Shane Victorino’s oblique injury has landed him on the disabled list and to take his slot on the roster is one Domonic Brown: super prospect.
Brown has tore his way through the minor leagues this year, hitting .318/.391/.602 in 271 plate appearances at AA and .346/.390/.561 in 118 plate appearances at AAA. He’s 22. He’s ready.
What a turn of events for the Phillies in the past week. A six game winning streak in in session, Ryan Howard has found his groove, the Braves have faltered, they probably stand the best chance to get Roy Oswalt and now The Future is being called up.
And it completes the set I’ve long wanted to see completed: the five rookies who are going to turn the NL East into the best division in baseball over the next 5-10 years: Strasburg, Heyward, Stanton, Brown and Davis.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)