Jul 28, 2010, 2:27 PM EDT
Shane Victorino’s oblique injury has landed him on the disabled list and to take his slot on the roster is one Domonic Brown: super prospect.
Brown has tore his way through the minor leagues this year, hitting .318/.391/.602 in 271 plate appearances at AA and .346/.390/.561 in 118 plate appearances at AAA. He’s 22. He’s ready.
What a turn of events for the Phillies in the past week. A six game winning streak in in session, Ryan Howard has found his groove, the Braves have faltered, they probably stand the best chance to get Roy Oswalt and now The Future is being called up.
And it completes the set I’ve long wanted to see completed: the five rookies who are going to turn the NL East into the best division in baseball over the next 5-10 years: Strasburg, Heyward, Stanton, Brown and Davis.
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 44
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 53
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 30
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Royals’ bullpen blows no-hit bid in the eighth inning against the Tigers 7
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs 93
- Video: Remembering Rickey Henderson’s record-setting stolen base 31
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)