Jul 28, 2010, 2:27 PM EDT
Shane Victorino’s oblique injury has landed him on the disabled list and to take his slot on the roster is one Domonic Brown: super prospect.
Brown has tore his way through the minor leagues this year, hitting .318/.391/.602 in 271 plate appearances at AA and .346/.390/.561 in 118 plate appearances at AAA. He’s 22. He’s ready.
What a turn of events for the Phillies in the past week. A six game winning streak in in session, Ryan Howard has found his groove, the Braves have faltered, they probably stand the best chance to get Roy Oswalt and now The Future is being called up.
And it completes the set I’ve long wanted to see completed: the five rookies who are going to turn the NL East into the best division in baseball over the next 5-10 years: Strasburg, Heyward, Stanton, Brown and Davis.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)