Jul 28, 2010, 2:27 PM EDT
Shane Victorino’s oblique injury has landed him on the disabled list and to take his slot on the roster is one Domonic Brown: super prospect.
Brown has tore his way through the minor leagues this year, hitting .318/.391/.602 in 271 plate appearances at AA and .346/.390/.561 in 118 plate appearances at AAA. He’s 22. He’s ready.
What a turn of events for the Phillies in the past week. A six game winning streak in in session, Ryan Howard has found his groove, the Braves have faltered, they probably stand the best chance to get Roy Oswalt and now The Future is being called up.
And it completes the set I’ve long wanted to see completed: the five rookies who are going to turn the NL East into the best division in baseball over the next 5-10 years: Strasburg, Heyward, Stanton, Brown and Davis.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 23
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 28
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Indians place starter Carlos Carrasco on 15-day disabled list with right shoulder discomfort 1
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)