Jul 28, 2010, 11:16 PM EDT
Allow us to channel our inner ProBasketballTalk here for a second. (By the way, check those guys out if you’re an NBA fan. They kill it.)
According to the Associated Press, a fan wearing a spanking-new Miami Heat jersey of Lebron James was harassed by the fans at the Cleveland Indians’ Progressive Field on Wednesday night.
Indians fans (and Cavs fans, presumably) chanted obscenities at the man until he had to be led out by stadium security. Some fans even followed him all the way to the exit gate.
The city of Cleveland is a little peeved at this man James, who abandoned his home town and a loyal fan base to “take his talents to South Beach” earlier this month in a one-hour special on ESPN called “The Decision.” And they should be pissed off. That was a ridiculous and horribly misguided show of classlessness.
Now about that fan wearing the jersey. Was he just looking for attention or was he simply expressing his love for LeBron? Did he deserve the chants? Does anybody want to send me a new No. 6 Heat uni?
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)