Jul 28, 2010, 11:16 PM EDT
Allow us to channel our inner ProBasketballTalk here for a second. (By the way, check those guys out if you’re an NBA fan. They kill it.)
According to the Associated Press, a fan wearing a spanking-new Miami Heat jersey of Lebron James was harassed by the fans at the Cleveland Indians’ Progressive Field on Wednesday night.
Indians fans (and Cavs fans, presumably) chanted obscenities at the man until he had to be led out by stadium security. Some fans even followed him all the way to the exit gate.
The city of Cleveland is a little peeved at this man James, who abandoned his home town and a loyal fan base to “take his talents to South Beach” earlier this month in a one-hour special on ESPN called “The Decision.” And they should be pissed off. That was a ridiculous and horribly misguided show of classlessness.
Now about that fan wearing the jersey. Was he just looking for attention or was he simply expressing his love for LeBron? Did he deserve the chants? Does anybody want to send me a new No. 6 Heat uni?
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 46
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 45
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 82
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (237)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)