Jul 28, 2010, 11:16 PM EDT
Allow us to channel our inner ProBasketballTalk here for a second. (By the way, check those guys out if you’re an NBA fan. They kill it.)
According to the Associated Press, a fan wearing a spanking-new Miami Heat jersey of Lebron James was harassed by the fans at the Cleveland Indians’ Progressive Field on Wednesday night.
Indians fans (and Cavs fans, presumably) chanted obscenities at the man until he had to be led out by stadium security. Some fans even followed him all the way to the exit gate.
The city of Cleveland is a little peeved at this man James, who abandoned his home town and a loyal fan base to “take his talents to South Beach” earlier this month in a one-hour special on ESPN called “The Decision.” And they should be pissed off. That was a ridiculous and horribly misguided show of classlessness.
Now about that fan wearing the jersey. Was he just looking for attention or was he simply expressing his love for LeBron? Did he deserve the chants? Does anybody want to send me a new No. 6 Heat uni?
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 13
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 77
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 113
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (114)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)