Jul 28, 2010, 11:16 PM EST
Allow us to channel our inner ProBasketballTalk here for a second. (By the way, check those guys out if you’re an NBA fan. They kill it.)
According to the Associated Press, a fan wearing a spanking-new Miami Heat jersey of Lebron James was harassed by the fans at the Cleveland Indians’ Progressive Field on Wednesday night.
Indians fans (and Cavs fans, presumably) chanted obscenities at the man until he had to be led out by stadium security. Some fans even followed him all the way to the exit gate.
The city of Cleveland is a little peeved at this man James, who abandoned his home town and a loyal fan base to “take his talents to South Beach” earlier this month in a one-hour special on ESPN called “The Decision.” And they should be pissed off. That was a ridiculous and horribly misguided show of classlessness.
Now about that fan wearing the jersey. Was he just looking for attention or was he simply expressing his love for LeBron? Did he deserve the chants? Does anybody want to send me a new No. 6 Heat uni?
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)