Jul 28, 2010, 11:16 PM EDT
Allow us to channel our inner ProBasketballTalk here for a second. (By the way, check those guys out if you’re an NBA fan. They kill it.)
According to the Associated Press, a fan wearing a spanking-new Miami Heat jersey of Lebron James was harassed by the fans at the Cleveland Indians’ Progressive Field on Wednesday night.
Indians fans (and Cavs fans, presumably) chanted obscenities at the man until he had to be led out by stadium security. Some fans even followed him all the way to the exit gate.
The city of Cleveland is a little peeved at this man James, who abandoned his home town and a loyal fan base to “take his talents to South Beach” earlier this month in a one-hour special on ESPN called “The Decision.” And they should be pissed off. That was a ridiculous and horribly misguided show of classlessness.
Now about that fan wearing the jersey. Was he just looking for attention or was he simply expressing his love for LeBron? Did he deserve the chants? Does anybody want to send me a new No. 6 Heat uni?
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)