Jul 29, 2010, 2:45 PM EST
Akinori Iwamura was playing his way back to the majors after being designated for assignment and passed through waivers unclaimed last month, hitting .299 with a .450 on-base percentage in 27 games at Triple-A.
Unfortunately now he’s sidelined indefinitely after being hospitalized following a collision on the bases Wednesday. Iwamura has been diagnosed with a concussion after a CT scan and various other tests came back negative, but as the Twins are currently learning with Justin Morneau that can be a longer-term injury than most people assume.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)