Jul 29, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
Akinori Iwamura was playing his way back to the majors after being designated for assignment and passed through waivers unclaimed last month, hitting .299 with a .450 on-base percentage in 27 games at Triple-A.
Unfortunately now he’s sidelined indefinitely after being hospitalized following a collision on the bases Wednesday. Iwamura has been diagnosed with a concussion after a CT scan and various other tests came back negative, but as the Twins are currently learning with Justin Morneau that can be a longer-term injury than most people assume.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 51
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 46
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 72
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity