Jul 29, 2010, 3:17 PM EST
Huston Street was strapped down and taken off the field in an ambulance after being hit in the “pelvic region” by a line drive during pregame batting practice Tuesday, but he’s back with the Rockies and available out of the bullpen tonight following a couple days of rest for an “abdominal contusion.”
Street told Troy Renck of the Denver Post that he’s embarrassed about the whole thing and has “been teased about 50,000 times today” for reportedly fainting several times before leaving via ambulance with what ultimately proved to be just a bruise.
Where it hit, they had to make sure I can still have kids. They did an ultrasound on my “guy region,” a CT scan to make sure there weren’t any broken bones or anything. The pain I was having was my femoral nerve just turned on for whatever reason.
Coincidentally enough, Street’s wife is scheduled to give birth to the couple’s first child within the next week, so there’s luckily a control group for those “make sure I can still have kids” and “guy region” tests.
Renck reports that Street “has a condition in which he tends to get light headed when he experiences sharp pain.” To which I’d ask, a) don’t most people have that? and b) how many times has he experienced “sharp pain” to determine that it’s a “condition”? Then again, I tend to ask dumb stuff.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 137
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 31
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (148)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)