Jul 29, 2010, 3:17 PM EST
Huston Street was strapped down and taken off the field in an ambulance after being hit in the “pelvic region” by a line drive during pregame batting practice Tuesday, but he’s back with the Rockies and available out of the bullpen tonight following a couple days of rest for an “abdominal contusion.”
Street told Troy Renck of the Denver Post that he’s embarrassed about the whole thing and has “been teased about 50,000 times today” for reportedly fainting several times before leaving via ambulance with what ultimately proved to be just a bruise.
Where it hit, they had to make sure I can still have kids. They did an ultrasound on my “guy region,” a CT scan to make sure there weren’t any broken bones or anything. The pain I was having was my femoral nerve just turned on for whatever reason.
Coincidentally enough, Street’s wife is scheduled to give birth to the couple’s first child within the next week, so there’s luckily a control group for those “make sure I can still have kids” and “guy region” tests.
Renck reports that Street “has a condition in which he tends to get light headed when he experiences sharp pain.” To which I’d ask, a) don’t most people have that? and b) how many times has he experienced “sharp pain” to determine that it’s a “condition”? Then again, I tend to ask dumb stuff.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 15
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 74
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 140
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (140)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)