Jul 29, 2010, 3:17 PM EDT
Huston Street was strapped down and taken off the field in an ambulance after being hit in the “pelvic region” by a line drive during pregame batting practice Tuesday, but he’s back with the Rockies and available out of the bullpen tonight following a couple days of rest for an “abdominal contusion.”
Street told Troy Renck of the Denver Post that he’s embarrassed about the whole thing and has “been teased about 50,000 times today” for reportedly fainting several times before leaving via ambulance with what ultimately proved to be just a bruise.
Where it hit, they had to make sure I can still have kids. They did an ultrasound on my “guy region,” a CT scan to make sure there weren’t any broken bones or anything. The pain I was having was my femoral nerve just turned on for whatever reason.
Coincidentally enough, Street’s wife is scheduled to give birth to the couple’s first child within the next week, so there’s luckily a control group for those “make sure I can still have kids” and “guy region” tests.
Renck reports that Street “has a condition in which he tends to get light headed when he experiences sharp pain.” To which I’d ask, a) don’t most people have that? and b) how many times has he experienced “sharp pain” to determine that it’s a “condition”? Then again, I tend to ask dumb stuff.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)