Jul 29, 2010, 3:17 PM EDT
Huston Street was strapped down and taken off the field in an ambulance after being hit in the “pelvic region” by a line drive during pregame batting practice Tuesday, but he’s back with the Rockies and available out of the bullpen tonight following a couple days of rest for an “abdominal contusion.”
Street told Troy Renck of the Denver Post that he’s embarrassed about the whole thing and has “been teased about 50,000 times today” for reportedly fainting several times before leaving via ambulance with what ultimately proved to be just a bruise.
Where it hit, they had to make sure I can still have kids. They did an ultrasound on my “guy region,” a CT scan to make sure there weren’t any broken bones or anything. The pain I was having was my femoral nerve just turned on for whatever reason.
Coincidentally enough, Street’s wife is scheduled to give birth to the couple’s first child within the next week, so there’s luckily a control group for those “make sure I can still have kids” and “guy region” tests.
Renck reports that Street “has a condition in which he tends to get light headed when he experiences sharp pain.” To which I’d ask, a) don’t most people have that? and b) how many times has he experienced “sharp pain” to determine that it’s a “condition”? Then again, I tend to ask dumb stuff.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 20
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 15
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 76
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (280)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (76)