Jul 29, 2010, 12:18 PM EST
Jeff Wilson of the Dallas Morning News reports that Rangers second baseman Ian Kinsler will be placed on the disabled list today “with an injury to his left leg that isn’t considered serious but needs to be rested and treated for the stretch run.”
Kinsler missed nearly all of April with an ankle injury, but played in 76 of the Rangers’ next 78 games before sitting out last night’s loss to the A’s.
According to Wilson, he “expressed a desire to continue playing with the injury” but the Rangers thought better of it, choosing to play it safe with a 7.5-game lead in the AL West.
Andres Blanco figures to be the primarily fill-in for Kinsler at second base and the Rangers seem unlikely to pursue a different replacement before Saturday’s trade deadline.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)