Jul 29, 2010, 12:18 PM EDT
Jeff Wilson of the Dallas Morning News reports that Rangers second baseman Ian Kinsler will be placed on the disabled list today “with an injury to his left leg that isn’t considered serious but needs to be rested and treated for the stretch run.”
Kinsler missed nearly all of April with an ankle injury, but played in 76 of the Rangers’ next 78 games before sitting out last night’s loss to the A’s.
According to Wilson, he “expressed a desire to continue playing with the injury” but the Rangers thought better of it, choosing to play it safe with a 7.5-game lead in the AL West.
Andres Blanco figures to be the primarily fill-in for Kinsler at second base and the Rangers seem unlikely to pursue a different replacement before Saturday’s trade deadline.
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)