Jul 29, 2010, 9:59 AM EDT
Jim from Halos Heaven alerted me to something I hadn’t noticed: While with the Angels, Joe Saunders wore uniform number 51, but now that he’s with the Diamondbacks he has changed his number to 34, which was Nick Adenhart’s number. He hasn’t said anything in public about it since the trade, but the assumption is that he’s wearing 34 as a tribute.
If so, it’s a very classy and touching move by Saunders.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 0
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 167
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (176)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)