Jul 29, 2010, 9:59 AM EDT
Jim from Halos Heaven alerted me to something I hadn’t noticed: While with the Angels, Joe Saunders wore uniform number 51, but now that he’s with the Diamondbacks he has changed his number to 34, which was Nick Adenhart’s number. He hasn’t said anything in public about it since the trade, but the assumption is that he’s wearing 34 as a tribute.
If so, it’s a very classy and touching move by Saunders.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)