Jul 29, 2010, 9:59 AM EDT
Jim from Halos Heaven alerted me to something I hadn’t noticed: While with the Angels, Joe Saunders wore uniform number 51, but now that he’s with the Diamondbacks he has changed his number to 34, which was Nick Adenhart’s number. He hasn’t said anything in public about it since the trade, but the assumption is that he’s wearing 34 as a tribute.
If so, it’s a very classy and touching move by Saunders.
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 4
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 41
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 29
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 62
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 80
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 114
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)