Jul 29, 2010, 9:59 AM EDT
Jim from Halos Heaven alerted me to something I hadn’t noticed: While with the Angels, Joe Saunders wore uniform number 51, but now that he’s with the Diamondbacks he has changed his number to 34, which was Nick Adenhart’s number. He hasn’t said anything in public about it since the trade, but the assumption is that he’s wearing 34 as a tribute.
If so, it’s a very classy and touching move by Saunders.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 13
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 17
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 59
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)