Jul 29, 2010, 2:53 PM EDT
The Rangers and Marlins are getting closer on a deal for Jorge Cantu. Talks were going on yesterday, but Jayson Stark
reported that the Rangers wanted Florida to pick up most of Cantu’s remaining salary. Today USA Today’s Bob Nightengale reports that the Marlins will do just that.
Cantu started the season with a bunch of RBIs and some big hits, but he now sits at .259/.308/.408. The Rangers want some depth on the corners, however, and he just does that. If he comes basically free, sure, take him, but he’s not going to alter the balance of power in Alpha Quadrant or anything.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 49
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)