Miguel Batista's new friend Miss Iowa will throw out the first pitch at Nationals Park tomorrow night
Jul 29, 2010, 2:15 PM EST
Apparently the flowers Miguel Batista sent to Miss Iowa did their job, because we just received a press release announcing that Katherine Connors is scheduled to throw out the first pitch at Nationals Park tomorrow night.
Batista filled in for the injured Stephen Strasburg at the last minute Tuesday and afterward commented that the 40,000 fans in attendance probably felt like they showed up to see Miss Universe only to get Miss Iowa instead.
Connors is the reigning Miss Iowa and issued a statement in response, saying: “I know I can throw a pitch or two! The question is, can Miguel Batista walk the runway in a swimsuit?”
And so now the Nationals are taking her up on that offer (presumably without the Batista-walking-the-runway-in-bikini part).
In terms of the best performance throwing out the first pitch by an incredibly attractive woman, it’ll be pretty hard for Connors to top Marisa Miller throwing heat at Wrigley Field last season. Then again, Batista tossing five shutout innings as Strasburg’s replacement shows that anything can happen.
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 6
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 8
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)