Jul 29, 2010, 11:58 AM EDT
Ahhhh. It hadn’t felt like deadline time until just this very moment.
Within the past few minutes two writers with Philly sources — Jayson Stark and Todd Zolecki — are saying that Phillies 1B prospect Jonathan Singleton is in the Oswalt deal. Another — Ken Rosenthal, who may not be as well-sourced in Philly but is paid to know this stuff — says Singleton is not involved. There are also direct disputes about the money involved, ranging from $8 million to $12 million.
This suggests one of two things: either the deal is not as “done” as people think it is and it’s still a fluid process or else it means that the reporters are passing along info from people who aren’t involved and don’t know anything themselves.
I live for this chaos, of course, so I find that all great fun. Those of you who don’t, however, may now set phasers to “ignore it until something definite is actually announced.”
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 68
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 45
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106