Jul 29, 2010, 11:58 AM EDT
Ahhhh. It hadn’t felt like deadline time until just this very moment.
Within the past few minutes two writers with Philly sources — Jayson Stark and Todd Zolecki — are saying that Phillies 1B prospect Jonathan Singleton is in the Oswalt deal. Another — Ken Rosenthal, who may not be as well-sourced in Philly but is paid to know this stuff — says Singleton is not involved. There are also direct disputes about the money involved, ranging from $8 million to $12 million.
This suggests one of two things: either the deal is not as “done” as people think it is and it’s still a fluid process or else it means that the reporters are passing along info from people who aren’t involved and don’t know anything themselves.
I live for this chaos, of course, so I find that all great fun. Those of you who don’t, however, may now set phasers to “ignore it until something definite is actually announced.”
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)