Jul 29, 2010, 11:58 AM EST
Ahhhh. It hadn’t felt like deadline time until just this very moment.
Within the past few minutes two writers with Philly sources — Jayson Stark and Todd Zolecki — are saying that Phillies 1B prospect Jonathan Singleton is in the Oswalt deal. Another — Ken Rosenthal, who may not be as well-sourced in Philly but is paid to know this stuff — says Singleton is not involved. There are also direct disputes about the money involved, ranging from $8 million to $12 million.
This suggests one of two things: either the deal is not as “done” as people think it is and it’s still a fluid process or else it means that the reporters are passing along info from people who aren’t involved and don’t know anything themselves.
I live for this chaos, of course, so I find that all great fun. Those of you who don’t, however, may now set phasers to “ignore it until something definite is actually announced.”
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)