Jul 29, 2010, 11:58 AM EDT
Ahhhh. It hadn’t felt like deadline time until just this very moment.
Within the past few minutes two writers with Philly sources — Jayson Stark and Todd Zolecki — are saying that Phillies 1B prospect Jonathan Singleton is in the Oswalt deal. Another — Ken Rosenthal, who may not be as well-sourced in Philly but is paid to know this stuff — says Singleton is not involved. There are also direct disputes about the money involved, ranging from $8 million to $12 million.
This suggests one of two things: either the deal is not as “done” as people think it is and it’s still a fluid process or else it means that the reporters are passing along info from people who aren’t involved and don’t know anything themselves.
I live for this chaos, of course, so I find that all great fun. Those of you who don’t, however, may now set phasers to “ignore it until something definite is actually announced.”
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 5
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 4
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 3
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)