Jul 29, 2010, 4:17 PM EDT
Craig and I have written approximately five million words about Roy Oswalt and Miss Iowa so far today, but I just realized that our two favorite subjects will both be pitching at Nationals Park tomorrow night.
Oswalt is scheduled to make his Phillies debut against the Nationals in Washington and Katherine Connors will be throwing out the first pitch after her back-and-forth with Miguel Batista.
Coincidence or Hardball Talk subtlety controlling the universe by way of blog entry topics? You decide.
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 0
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 35
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 216
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (216)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)