Jul 29, 2010, 4:17 PM EDT
Craig and I have written approximately five million words about Roy Oswalt and Miss Iowa so far today, but I just realized that our two favorite subjects will both be pitching at Nationals Park tomorrow night.
Oswalt is scheduled to make his Phillies debut against the Nationals in Washington and Katherine Connors will be throwing out the first pitch after her back-and-forth with Miguel Batista.
Coincidence or Hardball Talk subtlety controlling the universe by way of blog entry topics? You decide.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)