Jul 29, 2010, 4:17 PM EDT
Craig and I have written approximately five million words about Roy Oswalt and Miss Iowa so far today, but I just realized that our two favorite subjects will both be pitching at Nationals Park tomorrow night.
Oswalt is scheduled to make his Phillies debut against the Nationals in Washington and Katherine Connors will be throwing out the first pitch after her back-and-forth with Miguel Batista.
Coincidence or Hardball Talk subtlety controlling the universe by way of blog entry topics? You decide.
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 1
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 75
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)