Jul 29, 2010, 4:17 PM EDT
Craig and I have written approximately five million words about Roy Oswalt and Miss Iowa so far today, but I just realized that our two favorite subjects will both be pitching at Nationals Park tomorrow night.
Oswalt is scheduled to make his Phillies debut against the Nationals in Washington and Katherine Connors will be throwing out the first pitch after her back-and-forth with Miguel Batista.
Coincidence or Hardball Talk subtlety controlling the universe by way of blog entry topics? You decide.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 99
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 73
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 47
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (103)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)