Jul 29, 2010, 4:57 PM EDT
The Jorge Cantu deal mentioned earlier is rounding into shape: Ken Rosenthal reports that the Rangers and Marlins have
reached agreement on the players who will change teams. Apart from Cantu, of course, which I hope is obvious.
Marlins will get Double-A right-handers Evan Reed and Omar Poveda.
Reed, 24, has posted a 1.76 ERA over 41 innings between Double-A and Triple-A. Poveda, 27, is on the disabled
list currently, recovering from Tommy John surgery. Whether this is a better haul than the what Houston got for Roy Oswalt will be some of the final thoughts Astros fans have this evening before they finally lose their will to live.
As reported earlier, the Marlins will pick up almost all of the dough.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)