Jul 29, 2010, 4:57 PM EST
The Jorge Cantu deal mentioned earlier is rounding into shape: Ken Rosenthal reports that the Rangers and Marlins have
reached agreement on the players who will change teams. Apart from Cantu, of course, which I hope is obvious.
Marlins will get Double-A right-handers Evan Reed and Omar Poveda.
Reed, 24, has posted a 1.76 ERA over 41 innings between Double-A and Triple-A. Poveda, 27, is on the disabled
list currently, recovering from Tommy John surgery. Whether this is a better haul than the what Houston got for Roy Oswalt will be some of the final thoughts Astros fans have this evening before they finally lose their will to live.
As reported earlier, the Marlins will pick up almost all of the dough.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 25
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 281
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (281)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)