Jul 29, 2010, 4:57 PM EDT
The Jorge Cantu deal mentioned earlier is rounding into shape: Ken Rosenthal reports that the Rangers and Marlins have
reached agreement on the players who will change teams. Apart from Cantu, of course, which I hope is obvious.
Marlins will get Double-A right-handers Evan Reed and Omar Poveda.
Reed, 24, has posted a 1.76 ERA over 41 innings between Double-A and Triple-A. Poveda, 27, is on the disabled
list currently, recovering from Tommy John surgery. Whether this is a better haul than the what Houston got for Roy Oswalt will be some of the final thoughts Astros fans have this evening before they finally lose their will to live.
As reported earlier, the Marlins will pick up almost all of the dough.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)