Jul 29, 2010, 4:57 PM EST
The Jorge Cantu deal mentioned earlier is rounding into shape: Ken Rosenthal reports that the Rangers and Marlins have
reached agreement on the players who will change teams. Apart from Cantu, of course, which I hope is obvious.
Marlins will get Double-A right-handers Evan Reed and Omar Poveda.
Reed, 24, has posted a 1.76 ERA over 41 innings between Double-A and Triple-A. Poveda, 27, is on the disabled
list currently, recovering from Tommy John surgery. Whether this is a better haul than the what Houston got for Roy Oswalt will be some of the final thoughts Astros fans have this evening before they finally lose their will to live.
As reported earlier, the Marlins will pick up almost all of the dough.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 46
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)