Jul 29, 2010, 4:57 PM EDT
The Jorge Cantu deal mentioned earlier is rounding into shape: Ken Rosenthal reports that the Rangers and Marlins have
reached agreement on the players who will change teams. Apart from Cantu, of course, which I hope is obvious.
Marlins will get Double-A right-handers Evan Reed and Omar Poveda.
Reed, 24, has posted a 1.76 ERA over 41 innings between Double-A and Triple-A. Poveda, 27, is on the disabled
list currently, recovering from Tommy John surgery. Whether this is a better haul than the what Houston got for Roy Oswalt will be some of the final thoughts Astros fans have this evening before they finally lose their will to live.
As reported earlier, the Marlins will pick up almost all of the dough.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 8
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)