Jul 29, 2010, 4:28 PM EDT
That’s what Buster Olney says, passing along what he says the White Sox are “saying internally.” Which begs the question as to how he heard it, but hey, that’s how things work this time of the season.
Olney says that the teams most likely to do a deal for Dunn could be the Yankees or Rays, each of whom may like him in their lineup, but each of whom may also have just as much of an interest in keeping him out of the other’s lineup (that made sense, right? I’m a little punchy).
There have been whispers that the Rays are worried about a DH-type given their struggles with Pat Burrell. There have also been whispers that the Yankees want to keep the DH slot open to give their veterans a rest.
Is that all legit, or are the Rays and the Yankees playing a game of chicken with one another?
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 62
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 8
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 215
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (215)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)