Jul 30, 2010, 3:45 PM EST
Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times took a break from his hilarious and ongoing quasi-feud with Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle long enough to report that the “Astros wanted Chad Billingsley in return for Roy Oswalt.”
He adds that the Dodgers predictably refused, offered “four prospects” instead, and were apparently shot down. And then the Astros ended up with J.A. Happ and his significantly lower upside as the MLB-ready centerpiece of the Oswalt trade.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)