Jul 30, 2010, 9:24 PM EDT
Here’s the haul from the Yankees. According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, who
has been on top of this trade all along, the Astros will receive
right-hander Mark Melancon and infielder Jimmy Paredes.
Melancon, 25, is 6-1 with a 3.67 ERA and 1.67 WHIP in 40 games with
Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre this season. He was ranked as the
organization’s No. 15 prospect coming into the season by Baseball
America, but has struggled with his control, walking five batters per
nine innings. The former ninth-round pick in 2006 has a 4.87 ERA in 15
major league appearances, all in relief.
Paredes, 21, has a .280/.313/.393 batting line over four seasons in the
minors. He plays all around the infield and has stolen 36 bases in 99
games with Single-A Charleston this season. He didn’t rank inside
Baseball America’s top 30 for the organization coming into the season.
All in all, pretty uninspiring. Considering the fact that the Astros are
paying anywhere from 3-4 million of the $7.5 million left on Berkman’s
deal, even more so.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 8
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 22
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 34
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)