Jul 30, 2010, 9:24 PM EDT
Here’s the haul from the Yankees. According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, who
has been on top of this trade all along, the Astros will receive
right-hander Mark Melancon and infielder Jimmy Paredes.
Melancon, 25, is 6-1 with a 3.67 ERA and 1.67 WHIP in 40 games with
Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre this season. He was ranked as the
organization’s No. 15 prospect coming into the season by Baseball
America, but has struggled with his control, walking five batters per
nine innings. The former ninth-round pick in 2006 has a 4.87 ERA in 15
major league appearances, all in relief.
Paredes, 21, has a .280/.313/.393 batting line over four seasons in the
minors. He plays all around the infield and has stolen 36 bases in 99
games with Single-A Charleston this season. He didn’t rank inside
Baseball America’s top 30 for the organization coming into the season.
All in all, pretty uninspiring. Considering the fact that the Astros are
paying anywhere from 3-4 million of the $7.5 million left on Berkman’s
deal, even more so.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 26
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)