Bryce Harper's Facebook page is "knarley"

Jul 30, 2010, 10:25 AM EDT

Inside the social networking mind of a 17 year-old soon-to-be multi-millionaire.

I’m not sure what I like about Bryce Harper’s Facebook page the most.

Is it the no-shirt-dayglo-shorts look in his profile pic? Is it his status update on July 12th in which he says he just dry-shaved his legs on the way to the airport?  Is it the “if you ain’t cheatin’ you ain’t tryin'” update on July 14th which will likely give all the PED hysterics the vapors?  Maybe it’s the status update in which he says how “Knarley” “Inception” is.

No, I think my favorite part is this statuts update, which was probably ordered from Scott Boras Central:

“Wish
I was playing USA more than anything!!! Summer has been crazy, and
thinking about returning to CSN for another year!!! Very possible!”

Hear that Nats? Your number one draft pick is bluffing you about going back to junior college. If it weren’t for the fact that he’d end up up the road in Baltimore should he actually go through with it, it might be a bluff worth calling.

But be careful: if that backfires on you, the p.r. fallout would be Knarley.

1. karl - Jul 30, 2010 at 10:48 AM

d-bag.

2. Keith K. - Jul 30, 2010 at 10:48 AM

He also “likes” the beach and God – and frankly, who doesn’t?
    His next status update: “Saw the Natts got a new catcher . . . guess they don’t want me!!! To bad, me and Stevie Stras could have rocked RFK!!! Laters – Boras says I have to go back to Vegas and be seen walking around the campus bookstore .. wonder where it is???”

3. Jason @ IIATMS - Jul 30, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Knarley Davidson. Charles Knarley. Knarley Barkley. Beyonce Knarley.

4. pundyveit - Jul 30, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Check out the back-and-forth between him and Manny Machado, the #3 overall pick by the Orioles, about what they’ll be doing next year: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=536998548&v=wall&story_fbid=140648979293080&ref=mf

5. Jonny5 - Jul 30, 2010 at 11:47 AM

Facebook is evil and for dorks. So yeah, i’m saying it. Sure, I’ll be hogtied in the back of some van now by later tonight for saying it, but it needs to be said….

6. JBerardi - Jul 30, 2010 at 2:47 PM

“Wish I was playing USA more than anything!!! Summer has been crazy, and thinking about returning to CSN for another year!!! Very possible!”

My God. Not only is Boras running Harper’s Facebook page, he’s employing Sarah Palin’s army of Facebook ghostwriters to do it! (!!!)

7. Jim Abbott's Right-Hand Man - Jul 30, 2010 at 2:58 PM

I wonder if he likes to stay at the Ritz-Knarlton.

Papelbon destined to be traded?
  1. G. Stanton (3488)