Jul 30, 2010, 10:25 AM EST
I’m not sure what I like about Bryce Harper’s Facebook page the most.
Is it the no-shirt-dayglo-shorts look in his profile pic? Is it his status update on July 12th in which he says he just dry-shaved his legs on the way to the airport? Is it the “if you ain’t cheatin’ you ain’t tryin'” update on July 14th which will likely give all the PED hysterics the vapors? Maybe it’s the status update in which he says how “Knarley” “Inception” is.
No, I think my favorite part is this statuts update, which was probably ordered from Scott Boras Central:
I was playing USA more than anything!!! Summer has been crazy, and
thinking about returning to CSN for another year!!! Very possible!”
Hear that Nats? Your number one draft pick is bluffing you about going back to junior college. If it weren’t for the fact that he’d end up up the road in Baltimore should he actually go through with it, it might be a bluff worth calling.
But be careful: if that backfires on you, the p.r. fallout would be Knarley.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)