Jul 30, 2010, 10:25 AM EDT
I’m not sure what I like about Bryce Harper’s Facebook page the most.
Is it the no-shirt-dayglo-shorts look in his profile pic? Is it his status update on July 12th in which he says he just dry-shaved his legs on the way to the airport? Is it the “if you ain’t cheatin’ you ain’t tryin'” update on July 14th which will likely give all the PED hysterics the vapors? Maybe it’s the status update in which he says how “Knarley” “Inception” is.
No, I think my favorite part is this statuts update, which was probably ordered from Scott Boras Central:
I was playing USA more than anything!!! Summer has been crazy, and
thinking about returning to CSN for another year!!! Very possible!”
Hear that Nats? Your number one draft pick is bluffing you about going back to junior college. If it weren’t for the fact that he’d end up up the road in Baltimore should he actually go through with it, it might be a bluff worth calling.
But be careful: if that backfires on you, the p.r. fallout would be Knarley.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 14
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 26
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 54
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 68
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)