Jul 30, 2010, 6:07 PM EST
The fact that I’ve been the only person on the planet dropping references to Cody Ross in trade rumor stories these last few days is a testament to the ability of one’s fandom to overtake one’s objectivity from time to time. Intellectually I know that the Marlins aren’t really shopping him and that even if they were they wouldn’t trade him to the Braves. My heart, however, looks at the crap Bobby Cox has been penciling in out in left and center, however, and really wants to see Ross in a cap with an “A” on it.
Ain’t happening, though. I’ve accepted it now, on the power of a tweet from Fanhouse.com’s Frankie Piliere, who says the Marlins have taken him off the table in all trade discussions.
Now, let’s get all delusional about Josh Willingham . . .
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 18
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)