Jul 30, 2010, 6:07 PM EDT
The fact that I’ve been the only person on the planet dropping references to Cody Ross in trade rumor stories these last few days is a testament to the ability of one’s fandom to overtake one’s objectivity from time to time. Intellectually I know that the Marlins aren’t really shopping him and that even if they were they wouldn’t trade him to the Braves. My heart, however, looks at the crap Bobby Cox has been penciling in out in left and center, however, and really wants to see Ross in a cap with an “A” on it.
Ain’t happening, though. I’ve accepted it now, on the power of a tweet from Fanhouse.com’s Frankie Piliere, who says the Marlins have taken him off the table in all trade discussions.
Now, let’s get all delusional about Josh Willingham . . .
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 45
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 37
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 88
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 17
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)