Jul 30, 2010, 6:07 PM EST
The fact that I’ve been the only person on the planet dropping references to Cody Ross in trade rumor stories these last few days is a testament to the ability of one’s fandom to overtake one’s objectivity from time to time. Intellectually I know that the Marlins aren’t really shopping him and that even if they were they wouldn’t trade him to the Braves. My heart, however, looks at the crap Bobby Cox has been penciling in out in left and center, however, and really wants to see Ross in a cap with an “A” on it.
Ain’t happening, though. I’ve accepted it now, on the power of a tweet from Fanhouse.com’s Frankie Piliere, who says the Marlins have taken him off the table in all trade discussions.
Now, let’s get all delusional about Josh Willingham . . .
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 15
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 44
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 5
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 33
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)