Jul 30, 2010, 2:50 PM EST
UPDATE: Amalie Benjamin of the Boston Globe updates Lowell’s status, saying he will not be activated from the DL tonight.
Mike Lowell is finished rehabbing in the minors after going 11-for-22 (.500) with four homers, four doubles, and 10 RBIs in five games at Triple-A, and Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that he could be activated from the disabled list as soon as tonight.
Lowell still doesn’t have much of a role to return to, however, and the Red Sox no doubt remain open to trading him if he can show enough in limited action to convince another contender he’s capable of contributing down the stretch.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 22
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)