Jul 30, 2010, 2:50 PM EDT
UPDATE: Amalie Benjamin of the Boston Globe updates Lowell’s status, saying he will not be activated from the DL tonight.
Mike Lowell is finished rehabbing in the minors after going 11-for-22 (.500) with four homers, four doubles, and 10 RBIs in five games at Triple-A, and Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that he could be activated from the disabled list as soon as tonight.
Lowell still doesn’t have much of a role to return to, however, and the Red Sox no doubt remain open to trading him if he can show enough in limited action to convince another contender he’s capable of contributing down the stretch.
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 23
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 22
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 110
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 30
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 106
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 82
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (110)