Jul 30, 2010, 2:50 PM EDT
UPDATE: Amalie Benjamin of the Boston Globe updates Lowell’s status, saying he will not be activated from the DL tonight.
Mike Lowell is finished rehabbing in the minors after going 11-for-22 (.500) with four homers, four doubles, and 10 RBIs in five games at Triple-A, and Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that he could be activated from the disabled list as soon as tonight.
Lowell still doesn’t have much of a role to return to, however, and the Red Sox no doubt remain open to trading him if he can show enough in limited action to convince another contender he’s capable of contributing down the stretch.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 53
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 31
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)