Jul 30, 2010, 2:50 PM EDT
UPDATE: Amalie Benjamin of the Boston Globe updates Lowell’s status, saying he will not be activated from the DL tonight.
Mike Lowell is finished rehabbing in the minors after going 11-for-22 (.500) with four homers, four doubles, and 10 RBIs in five games at Triple-A, and Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that he could be activated from the disabled list as soon as tonight.
Lowell still doesn’t have much of a role to return to, however, and the Red Sox no doubt remain open to trading him if he can show enough in limited action to convince another contender he’s capable of contributing down the stretch.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)