Jul 30, 2010, 8:44 PM EST
Fresh off three minor league rehab games with the Gulf Coast League Red Sox, Jacoby Ellsbury is set to play with Triple-A Pawtucket on Saturday and Sunday, according to Ian Browne of MLB.com.
Ellsbury was 3-for-7 with a stolen base with the GCL club and played all nine innings in center field on Thursday. He sounds awful close to a return from the disabled list.
“Hopefully I don’t need too many [Triple-A games], but it’s just nice to
get out there and start playing in some games,” said Ellsbury, who
worked out at Fenway Park on Friday. “I feel a lot better. I feel
comfortable. I played nine innings [Thursday]. I felt all right today. I
took batting practice. I’m ahead of the team’s schedule right now, so
Ellsbury is scheduled to be re-evaluated following Sunday’s game. The speedy outfielder has been limited to just nine games this season due to complications with fractured ribs.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)