Jul 30, 2010, 8:44 PM EST
Fresh off three minor league rehab games with the Gulf Coast League Red Sox, Jacoby Ellsbury is set to play with Triple-A Pawtucket on Saturday and Sunday, according to Ian Browne of MLB.com.
Ellsbury was 3-for-7 with a stolen base with the GCL club and played all nine innings in center field on Thursday. He sounds awful close to a return from the disabled list.
“Hopefully I don’t need too many [Triple-A games], but it’s just nice to
get out there and start playing in some games,” said Ellsbury, who
worked out at Fenway Park on Friday. “I feel a lot better. I feel
comfortable. I played nine innings [Thursday]. I felt all right today. I
took batting practice. I’m ahead of the team’s schedule right now, so
Ellsbury is scheduled to be re-evaluated following Sunday’s game. The speedy outfielder has been limited to just nine games this season due to complications with fractured ribs.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)