Jul 30, 2010, 8:44 PM EDT
Fresh off three minor league rehab games with the Gulf Coast League Red Sox, Jacoby Ellsbury is set to play with Triple-A Pawtucket on Saturday and Sunday, according to Ian Browne of MLB.com.
Ellsbury was 3-for-7 with a stolen base with the GCL club and played all nine innings in center field on Thursday. He sounds awful close to a return from the disabled list.
“Hopefully I don’t need too many [Triple-A games], but it’s just nice to
get out there and start playing in some games,” said Ellsbury, who
worked out at Fenway Park on Friday. “I feel a lot better. I feel
comfortable. I played nine innings [Thursday]. I felt all right today. I
took batting practice. I’m ahead of the team’s schedule right now, so
Ellsbury is scheduled to be re-evaluated following Sunday’s game. The speedy outfielder has been limited to just nine games this season due to complications with fractured ribs.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 1
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)