Jul 30, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
According to Bob Nightengale of USA Today, Lance Berkman recently invoked his no-trade clause to prevent a trade to the White Sox.
Not that I reside in Berkman’s head or anything, but I wonder if the fact that the White Sox swept the Astros in the 2005 World Series played at least a small part in his decision. A stretch? Maybe. But I’m guessing the *Big Puma never forgets.
*Plus, I haven’t seen a single mention of “Big Puma” anywhere today, so I needed a good place to weave baseball’s best nickname into the conversation. Mission accomplished.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)