Jul 30, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
According to Bob Nightengale of USA Today, Lance Berkman recently invoked his no-trade clause to prevent a trade to the White Sox.
Not that I reside in Berkman’s head or anything, but I wonder if the fact that the White Sox swept the Astros in the 2005 World Series played at least a small part in his decision. A stretch? Maybe. But I’m guessing the *Big Puma never forgets.
*Plus, I haven’t seen a single mention of “Big Puma” anywhere today, so I needed a good place to weave baseball’s best nickname into the conversation. Mission accomplished.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)