Jul 30, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
According to Bob Nightengale of USA Today, Lance Berkman recently invoked his no-trade clause to prevent a trade to the White Sox.
Not that I reside in Berkman’s head or anything, but I wonder if the fact that the White Sox swept the Astros in the 2005 World Series played at least a small part in his decision. A stretch? Maybe. But I’m guessing the *Big Puma never forgets.
*Plus, I haven’t seen a single mention of “Big Puma” anywhere today, so I needed a good place to weave baseball’s best nickname into the conversation. Mission accomplished.
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 2
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 38
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 59
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 70
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 44
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 30
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)