Jul 30, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
According to Bob Nightengale of USA Today, Lance Berkman recently invoked his no-trade clause to prevent a trade to the White Sox.
Not that I reside in Berkman’s head or anything, but I wonder if the fact that the White Sox swept the Astros in the 2005 World Series played at least a small part in his decision. A stretch? Maybe. But I’m guessing the *Big Puma never forgets.
*Plus, I haven’t seen a single mention of “Big Puma” anywhere today, so I needed a good place to weave baseball’s best nickname into the conversation. Mission accomplished.
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 33
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 59
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 30
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- Billy Beane: The age of “baseball insiders” vs. “baseball outsiders” will soon be over 58
- Cardinals reportedly making a strong push to acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 49
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)