Jul 30, 2010, 9:12 PM EDT
Based on what Buster Olney of ESPN.com just tweeted, it’s pretty fair to say that Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo is driving his fellow general managers crazy.
According to Olney, the Nationals had told teams interested in Adam Dunn that a “key piece” to get a deal done was Edwin Jackson. This forced teams to try to pry Jackson away from the Diamondbacks. Of course, just before 1pm EST today, the White Sox acquired Jackson from the D-Backs in exchange for right-hander Daniel Hudson and left-hander David Holmberg.
Now, according to Olney, the Nationals are indicating that they don’t want Jackson.
So, this brings us to the conclusion that Rizzo was messing with people all along or perhaps he finally realized that Jackson just isn’t very good and will be a free agent after 2011.
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 21
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 102
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)