Jul 30, 2010, 9:12 PM EDT
Based on what Buster Olney of ESPN.com just tweeted, it’s pretty fair to say that Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo is driving his fellow general managers crazy.
According to Olney, the Nationals had told teams interested in Adam Dunn that a “key piece” to get a deal done was Edwin Jackson. This forced teams to try to pry Jackson away from the Diamondbacks. Of course, just before 1pm EST today, the White Sox acquired Jackson from the D-Backs in exchange for right-hander Daniel Hudson and left-hander David Holmberg.
Now, according to Olney, the Nationals are indicating that they don’t want Jackson.
So, this brings us to the conclusion that Rizzo was messing with people all along or perhaps he finally realized that Jackson just isn’t very good and will be a free agent after 2011.
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 14
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 11
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 53
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 51
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)