Jul 30, 2010, 9:12 PM EDT
Based on what Buster Olney of ESPN.com just tweeted, it’s pretty fair to say that Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo is driving his fellow general managers crazy.
According to Olney, the Nationals had told teams interested in Adam Dunn that a “key piece” to get a deal done was Edwin Jackson. This forced teams to try to pry Jackson away from the Diamondbacks. Of course, just before 1pm EST today, the White Sox acquired Jackson from the D-Backs in exchange for right-hander Daniel Hudson and left-hander David Holmberg.
Now, according to Olney, the Nationals are indicating that they don’t want Jackson.
So, this brings us to the conclusion that Rizzo was messing with people all along or perhaps he finally realized that Jackson just isn’t very good and will be a free agent after 2011.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)