Jul 30, 2010, 9:12 PM EST
Based on what Buster Olney of ESPN.com just tweeted, it’s pretty fair to say that Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo is driving his fellow general managers crazy.
According to Olney, the Nationals had told teams interested in Adam Dunn that a “key piece” to get a deal done was Edwin Jackson. This forced teams to try to pry Jackson away from the Diamondbacks. Of course, just before 1pm EST today, the White Sox acquired Jackson from the D-Backs in exchange for right-hander Daniel Hudson and left-hander David Holmberg.
Now, according to Olney, the Nationals are indicating that they don’t want Jackson.
So, this brings us to the conclusion that Rizzo was messing with people all along or perhaps he finally realized that Jackson just isn’t very good and will be a free agent after 2011.
- The Braves and Padres are nearing a Justin Upton trade 38
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 71
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 12
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 28
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 89
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)