Philly's intentional vomiter gets jail time

Jul 30, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT

His first night in the joint, the Intentional Vomiter cost me two packs of cigarettes. He never made a sound.

My favorite part of this is still the mugshot, in which it’s quite obvious that the father of the little girl this idiot barfed on — who is also a cop — threw a right cross at the guy right after it happened.  Which is exactly what you, I and everyone else would have done in that situation and I won’t hear argument to the contrary.  But this is fun too:

A 21-year-old New Jersey man was sentenced to jail Friday for vomiting
on another spectator and his 11-year-old daughter in the stands at a
Philadelphia Phillies game . . . Clemmens was taken into custody after Family Court Judge Kevin Dougherty
sentenced him, and several family members burst into sobs.

Relax. He’s only getting one to three months plus community service. He could have gotten two years.  Of course, it’s the first night that’s the worst. The boys always go fishin’ with first-timers. And they don’t quit, until they reel someone in . . .

1. SouthofHeaven - Jul 30, 2010 at 2:12 PM

He sure does got a purty mouth. He’s gonna make some lifer reeeeeally happy for a month or two…

2. Buccofan - Jul 30, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Fresh fish! Fresh fish! Fresh fish!

3. Old Gator - Jul 30, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Ugly son of a bitch. If it’s gonna be any kind of fish, it’d have to be a catfish. This guy makes groupers look good. About what you’d think a Feelies fan looked like if you’d never been there and had only their reputation to go by.

4. Detroit Michael - Jul 30, 2010 at 3:19 PM

They should have arrested the girl’s father for assault too. Maybe you were just being flip, but are you condoning punching people when they do something this offensive? His revenge was getting the jerk arrested and, assuming there’s not a shred of self-defense involved, punching him back was criminal behavior.

5. Reflex - Jul 30, 2010 at 3:40 PM

I condone punching someone who intentionally bargs on my daughter. You bet your ass they would get punched by me, and any other father worth their salt.

6. Old Gator - Jul 30, 2010 at 3:40 PM

So let’s see now, someone is puking on your kid on purpose and you would just politely motion to security to come and haul the guy away? Right. Wear pink underpants, do you?

7. Reflex - Jul 30, 2010 at 3:43 PM

Heh, bargs = barfs
    Missed a key, apparantly.

8. Old Gator - Jul 30, 2010 at 3:44 PM

No, pardon me, I take that back – I can see how my concluding comment could be construed as homophobia and I renounce that altogether. Try this: And do you have a pineal eye on top of your head so you can dive into your burrow the moment an owl flies by?
    There, much better, and more sophisticated too.

9. Old Gator - Jul 30, 2010 at 3:46 PM

And is that reflex, or reflux? Nyuknyuknyuk….

10. SadPandaRevolt - Jul 30, 2010 at 3:47 PM

In the legal sense, I believe Defense of Child flies about the same as Self-Defense. Sure, I may have flamed out of law school after a year, but I’m fairly sure that’s true.

11. jooes1014 - Jul 30, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Seriously Michael?!? do you have children?
    1. You would just stand idle while someone puked on your child?
    2. Did you read the entire story? The kid was also charged for assault because he punched the father well multiple times.
    This kid deserved to be punched not only by the father, but everyone in the stadium that night.

The Jon Lester-Yoenis Cespedes trade is a win-win