Jul 30, 2010, 12:57 PM EST
Tim Brown from Yahoo! just tweeted that Edwin Jackson was just told that he was traded to the White Sox. In court that would be inadmissible hearsay. In trade rumor land it’s basically gold.
My bestest buddy Jon Heyman reports that the Diamondbacks are getting starter Daniel Hudson and prospect David Holmberg in return.
No word if there’s a companion move such as the Sox flipping Jackson to Washington for Adam Dunn. Likewise, there’s no word on why multiple teams are so interested in Edwin Jackson. Maybe his chest cavity is filled with gold or valuable spices or Unobtanium or something. Because as a pitcher, he’s no great value.
Personally, I’d rather have Daniel Hudson, who is young and team-controlled for years, than Edwin Jackson who is only team-controlled through next season and isn’t, you know, all that good.
Obviously we’ll have more on this as the day goes on, including an analysis of the talent heading to Arizona and whatever happens when the other shoe drops on Adam Dunn and the Nats, if indeed it does.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 234
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (234)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)