Jul 30, 2010, 12:57 PM EDT
Tim Brown from Yahoo! just tweeted that Edwin Jackson was just told that he was traded to the White Sox. In court that would be inadmissible hearsay. In trade rumor land it’s basically gold.
My bestest buddy Jon Heyman reports that the Diamondbacks are getting starter Daniel Hudson and prospect David Holmberg in return.
No word if there’s a companion move such as the Sox flipping Jackson to Washington for Adam Dunn. Likewise, there’s no word on why multiple teams are so interested in Edwin Jackson. Maybe his chest cavity is filled with gold or valuable spices or Unobtanium or something. Because as a pitcher, he’s no great value.
Personally, I’d rather have Daniel Hudson, who is young and team-controlled for years, than Edwin Jackson who is only team-controlled through next season and isn’t, you know, all that good.
Obviously we’ll have more on this as the day goes on, including an analysis of the talent heading to Arizona and whatever happens when the other shoe drops on Adam Dunn and the Nats, if indeed it does.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)