Jul 30, 2010, 12:57 PM EDT
Tim Brown from Yahoo! just tweeted that Edwin Jackson was just told that he was traded to the White Sox. In court that would be inadmissible hearsay. In trade rumor land it’s basically gold.
My bestest buddy Jon Heyman reports that the Diamondbacks are getting starter Daniel Hudson and prospect David Holmberg in return.
No word if there’s a companion move such as the Sox flipping Jackson to Washington for Adam Dunn. Likewise, there’s no word on why multiple teams are so interested in Edwin Jackson. Maybe his chest cavity is filled with gold or valuable spices or Unobtanium or something. Because as a pitcher, he’s no great value.
Personally, I’d rather have Daniel Hudson, who is young and team-controlled for years, than Edwin Jackson who is only team-controlled through next season and isn’t, you know, all that good.
Obviously we’ll have more on this as the day goes on, including an analysis of the talent heading to Arizona and whatever happens when the other shoe drops on Adam Dunn and the Nats, if indeed it does.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 99
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 73
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 47
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (101)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)