Jul 30, 2010, 12:57 PM EST
Tim Brown from Yahoo! just tweeted that Edwin Jackson was just told that he was traded to the White Sox. In court that would be inadmissible hearsay. In trade rumor land it’s basically gold.
My bestest buddy Jon Heyman reports that the Diamondbacks are getting starter Daniel Hudson and prospect David Holmberg in return.
No word if there’s a companion move such as the Sox flipping Jackson to Washington for Adam Dunn. Likewise, there’s no word on why multiple teams are so interested in Edwin Jackson. Maybe his chest cavity is filled with gold or valuable spices or Unobtanium or something. Because as a pitcher, he’s no great value.
Personally, I’d rather have Daniel Hudson, who is young and team-controlled for years, than Edwin Jackson who is only team-controlled through next season and isn’t, you know, all that good.
Obviously we’ll have more on this as the day goes on, including an analysis of the talent heading to Arizona and whatever happens when the other shoe drops on Adam Dunn and the Nats, if indeed it does.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)