Jul 30, 2010, 12:57 PM EDT
Tim Brown from Yahoo! just tweeted that Edwin Jackson was just told that he was traded to the White Sox. In court that would be inadmissible hearsay. In trade rumor land it’s basically gold.
My bestest buddy Jon Heyman reports that the Diamondbacks are getting starter Daniel Hudson and prospect David Holmberg in return.
No word if there’s a companion move such as the Sox flipping Jackson to Washington for Adam Dunn. Likewise, there’s no word on why multiple teams are so interested in Edwin Jackson. Maybe his chest cavity is filled with gold or valuable spices or Unobtanium or something. Because as a pitcher, he’s no great value.
Personally, I’d rather have Daniel Hudson, who is young and team-controlled for years, than Edwin Jackson who is only team-controlled through next season and isn’t, you know, all that good.
Obviously we’ll have more on this as the day goes on, including an analysis of the talent heading to Arizona and whatever happens when the other shoe drops on Adam Dunn and the Nats, if indeed it does.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 77
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (80)