Jul 30, 2010, 10:51 PM EST
Those Nats sure know how to ruin a good party, huh?
Roy Oswalt was beat up pretty good in his Phillies debut Friday night, allowing five runs — four earned — over six innings as part of an 8-1 loss. He gave up seven hits — including four extra-base hits — and two walks while striking out four and hitting two batters.
With the loss, he dropped to 6-13 on the year. 6-13! Dat guy’s a bum.
As I mentioned earlier on Twitter, it took Cliff Lee until his sixth start to give up his fourth earned run with the Phillies last season.
Meanwhile, in his Astros debut, J.A. Happ allowed just two hits over six shutout innings in 5-0 win over the Brewers on Friday night.
Yes, it’s only one night and the cream should eventually rise to the top, but I just saw Aaron Heilman earn a save against the Mets. I need something to feel good about, alright?
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)