Jul 30, 2010, 10:51 PM EDT
Those Nats sure know how to ruin a good party, huh?
Roy Oswalt was beat up pretty good in his Phillies debut Friday night, allowing five runs — four earned — over six innings as part of an 8-1 loss. He gave up seven hits — including four extra-base hits — and two walks while striking out four and hitting two batters.
With the loss, he dropped to 6-13 on the year. 6-13! Dat guy’s a bum.
As I mentioned earlier on Twitter, it took Cliff Lee until his sixth start to give up his fourth earned run with the Phillies last season.
Meanwhile, in his Astros debut, J.A. Happ allowed just two hits over six shutout innings in 5-0 win over the Brewers on Friday night.
Yes, it’s only one night and the cream should eventually rise to the top, but I just saw Aaron Heilman earn a save against the Mets. I need something to feel good about, alright?
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 25
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)