Jul 30, 2010, 10:51 PM EST
Those Nats sure know how to ruin a good party, huh?
Roy Oswalt was beat up pretty good in his Phillies debut Friday night, allowing five runs — four earned — over six innings as part of an 8-1 loss. He gave up seven hits — including four extra-base hits — and two walks while striking out four and hitting two batters.
With the loss, he dropped to 6-13 on the year. 6-13! Dat guy’s a bum.
As I mentioned earlier on Twitter, it took Cliff Lee until his sixth start to give up his fourth earned run with the Phillies last season.
Meanwhile, in his Astros debut, J.A. Happ allowed just two hits over six shutout innings in 5-0 win over the Brewers on Friday night.
Yes, it’s only one night and the cream should eventually rise to the top, but I just saw Aaron Heilman earn a save against the Mets. I need something to feel good about, alright?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)