Jul 30, 2010, 3:17 PM EDT
According to Buster Olney of ESPN.com the Indians are “getting significant hits on Jake Westbrook.”
Olney speculates that the Cardinals could be a good fit and Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch quickly chimed in to agree that St. Louis makes sense as a destination for the veteran right-hander.
Westbrook missed all of last season following Tommy John elbow surgery, but has picked up right where he left off as a solid mid-rotation starter with a 4.65 ERA in 21 starts, including a 4.30 mark in his last 15 outings. If the Indians are willing to eat some of his remaining salary, the impending free agent could be a decent fall-back plan for contenders.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)