Jul 30, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Miguel Batista made headlines for replacing Stephen Strasburg at the last minute earlier this week, but now that Strasburg has been put on the disabled list the Nationals are turning to John Lannan as his actual rotation replacement.
Back before the world’s greatest pitching prospect arrived on the scene Lannan was the Opening Day starter for Washington, but last month the Nationals demoted him all the way down to Double-A after he went 2-5 with a 5.76 ERA in 14 starts.
Lannan wasn’t much better in the minors, going 1-4 with a 4.20 ERA and .306 opponents’ batting average in seven outings, but Sunday he’ll face the same Phillies lineup he lost to on Opening Day and will probably stick in the rotation until Strasburg’s shoulder is deemed healthy enough for him to return.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)