Jul 30, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Scott Downs has been the best reliever available since the trade deadline Bacchanalia began, but Jayson Stark is now saying that he’s likely not going anywhere. Why? Mostly because the Blue Jays have continued to ask a hell of a lot for him. They may just keep him, he says, and go to arbitration with him this winter.
Jon Paul Morosi, however, is saying that the Twins — though probably not able to swing a deal — are still holding out a bit of interest. Which would be a tragedy for me on a personal level. That’s because if the Twins were willing to trade Wilson Ramos for Matt Capps, they’d probably trade Justin Morneau and cash for Downs, which would give Gleeman a coronary, and then I’d be stuck writing this blog all by myself.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)