Jul 30, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Scott Downs has been the best reliever available since the trade deadline Bacchanalia began, but Jayson Stark is now saying that he’s likely not going anywhere. Why? Mostly because the Blue Jays have continued to ask a hell of a lot for him. They may just keep him, he says, and go to arbitration with him this winter.
Jon Paul Morosi, however, is saying that the Twins — though probably not able to swing a deal — are still holding out a bit of interest. Which would be a tragedy for me on a personal level. That’s because if the Twins were willing to trade Wilson Ramos for Matt Capps, they’d probably trade Justin Morneau and cash for Downs, which would give Gleeman a coronary, and then I’d be stuck writing this blog all by myself.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)