Jul 30, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Scott Downs has been the best reliever available since the trade deadline Bacchanalia began, but Jayson Stark is now saying that he’s likely not going anywhere. Why? Mostly because the Blue Jays have continued to ask a hell of a lot for him. They may just keep him, he says, and go to arbitration with him this winter.
Jon Paul Morosi, however, is saying that the Twins — though probably not able to swing a deal — are still holding out a bit of interest. Which would be a tragedy for me on a personal level. That’s because if the Twins were willing to trade Wilson Ramos for Matt Capps, they’d probably trade Justin Morneau and cash for Downs, which would give Gleeman a coronary, and then I’d be stuck writing this blog all by myself.
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)