Jul 30, 2010, 9:03 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi are reporting that the
Dodgers are talking to the Cubs about a trade for Ted Lilly and Ryan
The Dodgers have been connected with just about every pitcher on a “the Dodgers have inquired” basis, but this one may actually have some legs to it. Especially if what RosenMorosiThal is saying is true and the Cubs are going to kick money into the deal.
I have no idea why the Dodgers would want Theriot, however, because if I remember correctly they spent all winner stocking up on second basemen. Also worth noting that Cubs GM Jim Hendry has had a second baseman fetish for much of the past few years. Maybe he’s just started a twelve-step program or something.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)