Jul 30, 2010, 2:55 PM EDT
We’ve been waiting all afternoon to hear something new from the White Sox, who many people suspect are going to flip the newly-acquired Edwin Jackson to the Nationals for Adam Dunn.
The latest comes from USA Today’s Bob Nightengale: the Sox currently have Jackson in a proposed package for Dunn. Nightengale adds that if the Sox manage to flip Jackson, they’ll try to pry Brett Myers from the Astros. That last part seems like a stretch to me, however, in that the Astros have said repeatedly that they were going to keep Myers if they traded Roy Oswalt. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.
And our waiting could soon be over. MLB.com’s Bill Ladson reported a little less than two hours ago that Dunn was at the movies — seriously — and couldn’t be reached by anyone. If there is a deal you figure they’d want to tell him first, so maybe they’re waiting on him. But the movie’s probably almost over now!
I just hope it isn’t “Inception.” If you think Dunn is a distracted ballplayer now, imagine what he’ll be like as he ponders all of the ins and outs of that flick over the next couple of days.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 52
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)