Jul 30, 2010, 2:55 PM EDT
We’ve been waiting all afternoon to hear something new from the White Sox, who many people suspect are going to flip the newly-acquired Edwin Jackson to the Nationals for Adam Dunn.
The latest comes from USA Today’s Bob Nightengale: the Sox currently have Jackson in a proposed package for Dunn. Nightengale adds that if the Sox manage to flip Jackson, they’ll try to pry Brett Myers from the Astros. That last part seems like a stretch to me, however, in that the Astros have said repeatedly that they were going to keep Myers if they traded Roy Oswalt. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.
And our waiting could soon be over. MLB.com’s Bill Ladson reported a little less than two hours ago that Dunn was at the movies — seriously — and couldn’t be reached by anyone. If there is a deal you figure they’d want to tell him first, so maybe they’re waiting on him. But the movie’s probably almost over now!
I just hope it isn’t “Inception.” If you think Dunn is a distracted ballplayer now, imagine what he’ll be like as he ponders all of the ins and outs of that flick over the next couple of days.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 42
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 57
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)