Jul 30, 2010, 2:55 PM EDT
We’ve been waiting all afternoon to hear something new from the White Sox, who many people suspect are going to flip the newly-acquired Edwin Jackson to the Nationals for Adam Dunn.
The latest comes from USA Today’s Bob Nightengale: the Sox currently have Jackson in a proposed package for Dunn. Nightengale adds that if the Sox manage to flip Jackson, they’ll try to pry Brett Myers from the Astros. That last part seems like a stretch to me, however, in that the Astros have said repeatedly that they were going to keep Myers if they traded Roy Oswalt. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.
And our waiting could soon be over. MLB.com’s Bill Ladson reported a little less than two hours ago that Dunn was at the movies — seriously — and couldn’t be reached by anyone. If there is a deal you figure they’d want to tell him first, so maybe they’re waiting on him. But the movie’s probably almost over now!
I just hope it isn’t “Inception.” If you think Dunn is a distracted ballplayer now, imagine what he’ll be like as he ponders all of the ins and outs of that flick over the next couple of days.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 3
- Who really owns a home run ball? 58
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)