Jul 30, 2010, 2:55 PM EDT
We’ve been waiting all afternoon to hear something new from the White Sox, who many people suspect are going to flip the newly-acquired Edwin Jackson to the Nationals for Adam Dunn.
The latest comes from USA Today’s Bob Nightengale: the Sox currently have Jackson in a proposed package for Dunn. Nightengale adds that if the Sox manage to flip Jackson, they’ll try to pry Brett Myers from the Astros. That last part seems like a stretch to me, however, in that the Astros have said repeatedly that they were going to keep Myers if they traded Roy Oswalt. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.
And our waiting could soon be over. MLB.com’s Bill Ladson reported a little less than two hours ago that Dunn was at the movies — seriously — and couldn’t be reached by anyone. If there is a deal you figure they’d want to tell him first, so maybe they’re waiting on him. But the movie’s probably almost over now!
I just hope it isn’t “Inception.” If you think Dunn is a distracted ballplayer now, imagine what he’ll be like as he ponders all of the ins and outs of that flick over the next couple of days.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 9
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 141
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 19
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 33
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (143)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)