Jul 30, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
For a team that’s going to be auctioned on the courthouse steps next week, the Rangers sure are active little buggers this summer, aren’t they?
First it was Cliff Lee, then Bengie Molina, then Jorge Cantu. This afternoon they picked up Cristian Guzman from the Nationals for a couple of prospects whose names (a) we don’t know; and (b) aren’t likely to be near the top of any top prospects lists anyway.
For the Rangers, Guzman will likely fill in for the injured Ian Kinsler and provide some veteran presence ™ off the bench as they approach the postseason. From the Nats’ perspective, they just lost a guy who has played there since Ted Williams was managing, so that’s a bit of a loss from an anthropological perspective.
- The Lester trade is a win-win 18
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 93
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 36
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (115)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)