Jul 30, 2010, 3:30 PM EST
For a team that’s going to be auctioned on the courthouse steps next week, the Rangers sure are active little buggers this summer, aren’t they?
First it was Cliff Lee, then Bengie Molina, then Jorge Cantu. This afternoon they picked up Cristian Guzman from the Nationals for a couple of prospects whose names (a) we don’t know; and (b) aren’t likely to be near the top of any top prospects lists anyway.
For the Rangers, Guzman will likely fill in for the injured Ian Kinsler and provide some veteran presence ™ off the bench as they approach the postseason. From the Nats’ perspective, they just lost a guy who has played there since Ted Williams was managing, so that’s a bit of a loss from an anthropological perspective.
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 10
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 63
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4