Jul 30, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
For a team that’s going to be auctioned on the courthouse steps next week, the Rangers sure are active little buggers this summer, aren’t they?
First it was Cliff Lee, then Bengie Molina, then Jorge Cantu. This afternoon they picked up Cristian Guzman from the Nationals for a couple of prospects whose names (a) we don’t know; and (b) aren’t likely to be near the top of any top prospects lists anyway.
For the Rangers, Guzman will likely fill in for the injured Ian Kinsler and provide some veteran presence ™ off the bench as they approach the postseason. From the Nats’ perspective, they just lost a guy who has played there since Ted Williams was managing, so that’s a bit of a loss from an anthropological perspective.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 17
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)