Jul 30, 2010, 3:30 PM EST
For a team that’s going to be auctioned on the courthouse steps next week, the Rangers sure are active little buggers this summer, aren’t they?
First it was Cliff Lee, then Bengie Molina, then Jorge Cantu. This afternoon they picked up Cristian Guzman from the Nationals for a couple of prospects whose names (a) we don’t know; and (b) aren’t likely to be near the top of any top prospects lists anyway.
For the Rangers, Guzman will likely fill in for the injured Ian Kinsler and provide some veteran presence ™ off the bench as they approach the postseason. From the Nats’ perspective, they just lost a guy who has played there since Ted Williams was managing, so that’s a bit of a loss from an anthropological perspective.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)