Jul 30, 2010, 6:06 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal apparently doesn’t sleep this time of year, and he reported early this morning that the White Sox were in “serious discussions” with the Diamondbacks regarding an Edwin Jackson for Daniel Hudson trade. A few minutes ago Joe Cowley tweeted that the deal could go down as soon as this morning. The deal would have the Sox sending an additional prospect along with Hudson.
Both Rosenthal and Cowley are leaning in the direction of this being a move in which the Sox would bolster their rotation, but it’s worth noting (as Rosenthal does before playing it down) that the Nationals have been rumored to want Edwin Jackson for weeks now, and they happen to have one Adam Dunn, who the Sox want.
I understand that the Sox are in a playoff race and don’t really trust Daniel Hudson right now, but Edwin Jackson — no hitter notwithstanding — is no great shakes himself. He’s got a 5.16 ERA, has a WHIP of 1.49 and leads the league in wild pitches for cryin’ out loud. If the Nats are still at all interested in the guy, it seems almost criminal to not try to flip him for Dunn.
And if it really is pitching you want, aren’t there any better available options than Edwin Jackson?
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 65
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 46
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)