Jul 30, 2010, 11:59 AM EDT
You know it’s trade deadline season when I don’t even have the time to make up some tasty bit of innuendo out of a headline like that! Anyway, the rumor:
Ken Rosenthal talks to a “rival executive” who says that the Yankees are still really wanting Adam Dunn, and that their chatter in recent days about not being interested was just designed to goose Mike Rizzo into action. Rosenthal himself isn’t buying in, however, as “other executives” tell him that the Yankees are out of the Dunn business.
So take that for what’s it’s worth. I’ll just note that the Yankees probably have one of the most closed communications loops of any team, and you rarely if ever get actual dirt out of them. The only time I can remember it recently was when Joel Sherman had all of that business about the Cliff Lee talks the day it all went down. For the most part, however, you never know what they’re doing.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)