Jul 30, 2010, 11:59 AM EST
You know it’s trade deadline season when I don’t even have the time to make up some tasty bit of innuendo out of a headline like that! Anyway, the rumor:
Ken Rosenthal talks to a “rival executive” who says that the Yankees are still really wanting Adam Dunn, and that their chatter in recent days about not being interested was just designed to goose Mike Rizzo into action. Rosenthal himself isn’t buying in, however, as “other executives” tell him that the Yankees are out of the Dunn business.
So take that for what’s it’s worth. I’ll just note that the Yankees probably have one of the most closed communications loops of any team, and you rarely if ever get actual dirt out of them. The only time I can remember it recently was when Joel Sherman had all of that business about the Cliff Lee talks the day it all went down. For the most part, however, you never know what they’re doing.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)