Jul 30, 2010, 11:59 AM EDT
You know it’s trade deadline season when I don’t even have the time to make up some tasty bit of innuendo out of a headline like that! Anyway, the rumor:
Ken Rosenthal talks to a “rival executive” who says that the Yankees are still really wanting Adam Dunn, and that their chatter in recent days about not being interested was just designed to goose Mike Rizzo into action. Rosenthal himself isn’t buying in, however, as “other executives” tell him that the Yankees are out of the Dunn business.
So take that for what’s it’s worth. I’ll just note that the Yankees probably have one of the most closed communications loops of any team, and you rarely if ever get actual dirt out of them. The only time I can remember it recently was when Joel Sherman had all of that business about the Cliff Lee talks the day it all went down. For the most part, however, you never know what they’re doing.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 16
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29