Jul 30, 2010, 10:05 PM EDT
The Bombers have already added Lance Berkman and Austin Kearns today, but we’re hearing that they aren’t anywhere near done.
Buster Olney of ESPN.com speculated that the Yankees are looking for a player who can play third base. Ty Wigginton? Wes Helms?
If you need some help on possible targets, check out Matthew Pouliot’s trade deadline preview.
Oh, but that’s not all.
According to Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times, the Yankees are still in on Cubs left-hander Ted Lilly. So far this evening, we’ve also heard Lilly also linked in rumors with the Dodgers and the Padres.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 50
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 44
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)