Jul 30, 2010, 10:05 PM EDT
The Bombers have already added Lance Berkman and Austin Kearns today, but we’re hearing that they aren’t anywhere near done.
Buster Olney of ESPN.com speculated that the Yankees are looking for a player who can play third base. Ty Wigginton? Wes Helms?
If you need some help on possible targets, check out Matthew Pouliot’s trade deadline preview.
Oh, but that’s not all.
According to Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times, the Yankees are still in on Cubs left-hander Ted Lilly. So far this evening, we’ve also heard Lilly also linked in rumors with the Dodgers and the Padres.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 95
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 150
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 11
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (150)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)