Jul 30, 2010, 10:05 PM EDT
The Bombers have already added Lance Berkman and Austin Kearns today, but we’re hearing that they aren’t anywhere near done.
Buster Olney of ESPN.com speculated that the Yankees are looking for a player who can play third base. Ty Wigginton? Wes Helms?
If you need some help on possible targets, check out Matthew Pouliot’s trade deadline preview.
Oh, but that’s not all.
According to Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times, the Yankees are still in on Cubs left-hander Ted Lilly. So far this evening, we’ve also heard Lilly also linked in rumors with the Dodgers and the Padres.
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 32
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 20
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 47
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 50
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)