Jul 30, 2010, 10:05 PM EDT
The Bombers have already added Lance Berkman and Austin Kearns today, but we’re hearing that they aren’t anywhere near done.
Buster Olney of ESPN.com speculated that the Yankees are looking for a player who can play third base. Ty Wigginton? Wes Helms?
If you need some help on possible targets, check out Matthew Pouliot’s trade deadline preview.
Oh, but that’s not all.
According to Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times, the Yankees are still in on Cubs left-hander Ted Lilly. So far this evening, we’ve also heard Lilly also linked in rumors with the Dodgers and the Padres.
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 4
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 30
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 16
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (128)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (105)