Jul 30, 2010, 9:28 PM EDT
Just a short while ago, Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com tipped us off that Austin Kearns was removed from the seventh inning of tonight’s game against the Blue Jays for a pinch-runner. Very curiously timed because of tomorrow’s trade deadline.
Well, it was done for a very important reason, because the Yankees have acquired Kearns, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com. The Indians are expected to receive a player to be named later or cash considerations.
Kearns, who was signed to a minor league contract over the winter, has had somewhat of a resurgent season with the Tribe, batting .272/.354/.419 with eight homers and 42 RBI in 301 at-bats. At minimum, he’ll give Joe Girardi a right-handed bat off the bench capable of playing all three outfield positions.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 35
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)