Jul 30, 2010, 9:28 PM EDT
Just a short while ago, Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com tipped us off that Austin Kearns was removed from the seventh inning of tonight’s game against the Blue Jays for a pinch-runner. Very curiously timed because of tomorrow’s trade deadline.
Well, it was done for a very important reason, because the Yankees have acquired Kearns, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com. The Indians are expected to receive a player to be named later or cash considerations.
Kearns, who was signed to a minor league contract over the winter, has had somewhat of a resurgent season with the Tribe, batting .272/.354/.419 with eight homers and 42 RBI in 301 at-bats. At minimum, he’ll give Joe Girardi a right-handed bat off the bench capable of playing all three outfield positions.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)