Jul 31, 2010, 2:55 PM EDT
I have it on the most reliable authority that impatient Braves fans are wanting Frank Wren to add a bat before the trade deadline hits in an hour and change. Likewise, unless “add Edwin Jackson” was at the top of every White Sox fan’s list this week, partisans of the pale hose are still waiting for something to happen too.
Nothing yet, but Dave O’Brien of the AJC is saying that the Braves are still in conversations for hitters and relievers right now, and that there’s a good chance something gets done before the deadline. Likewise, Joel Sherman tweets that a “friend of Kenny Williams” is saying that Williams “is leaving this deadline with a hitter, probably Dunn, but someone for sure.”
Big talk. Now make a trade, gentlemen. Just not for Jose Guillen, because that would piss everyone off except Royals fans.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)