Jul 31, 2010, 2:55 PM EST
I have it on the most reliable authority that impatient Braves fans are wanting Frank Wren to add a bat before the trade deadline hits in an hour and change. Likewise, unless “add Edwin Jackson” was at the top of every White Sox fan’s list this week, partisans of the pale hose are still waiting for something to happen too.
Nothing yet, but Dave O’Brien of the AJC is saying that the Braves are still in conversations for hitters and relievers right now, and that there’s a good chance something gets done before the deadline. Likewise, Joel Sherman tweets that a “friend of Kenny Williams” is saying that Williams “is leaving this deadline with a hitter, probably Dunn, but someone for sure.”
Big talk. Now make a trade, gentlemen. Just not for Jose Guillen, because that would piss everyone off except Royals fans.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 21
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (136)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)